Our blog sharing and spouting the best of London and beyond.
If anywhere is synonymous with London’s wild decadence it’s Quaglino’s in Mayfair. The name alone hints at stories of Champagne-popping, famous faces late-night-rollicking and London’s smart set causing havoc. First opening in 1929, Quaglino’s has been patronised by... Read more >
With cocktails served in sardine cans and milk cartons and old-fashioned tinned goods lining the walls, Temple & Sons will be a quirky and casual restaurant, deli and cocktail bar in the City. The venue is set over two floors and takes inspiration from its heritage, Palmerston House which was... Read more >
BYOS (Bring Your Own Semen) cooking classes hope to get Londoners beating away in the kitchen. Feel like your bechamel sauce is not quite smooth enough? Or your cocktails are lacking a certain je ne sais quoi? Well one London pop-up hoping to get Londoners going is the BYOS cooking class. BYOS... Read more >
Going from strength to strength, the Simmons family continues to grow, opening a new cocktail den in Temple. Though details are pretty hush hush at the moment, it's clear that the team behind this new spot will run with the successful formula of its sister venues. Stunning cocktails, created using... Read more >
Apparently bowling is a sport that dates back to 3200 BC, and while many take it seriously as a game, I tend to use the phrase 'sport' lightly when it comes to the art of bowling, as does All Star Lanes. Recognising that as adults we may just need to be kept more entertained than children as we can... Read more >
From seafood through to curry dinners and quick, healthy lunches, Flavour Garden will be bringing a fresh and delicious taste to the City. The restaurant plans on being a relaxed and causal space; there will be pre-prepared dishes to grab and go and comfy armchairs if you're dining in. From oysters... Read more >
Renowned for their elegant, high-end restaurants throughout the city, Cinnamon Bazaar will offer a more relaxed and easygoing vibe than its sister sites. This 90-cover site will feature beautiful bespoke art and a large bar space serving up the gin cocktails, and the celebrated restaurateur Vivek... Read more >
London's pop-up cinemas are pretty much all tugging for the top spot, from immersive and theatrical performances on top of movies to thematic interiors and unique cinema design. As someone who got chased around a warehouse by zombies in the name of date night and my favourite horror film, it's... Read more >
With a favourable reputation within Naples' culinary circles, L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele brings its noble name and delicious recipes to North London this October, opening a new restaurant in Stoke Newington. Staying true to its nature, the restaurant will be run by the director's son, Marco... Read more >
Following a successful stint whipping up cocktails with his pop-up, Manhattans Project, Felix Cohen is making things more permanent with Hackney Bar opening Every Cloud. Located minutes off Hackney high street, the bar is a small and cosy space with a few intimate tables and some seriously quirky... Read more >
Articles by month
- Quaglino's - London Restaurant Review
- Michelin-Starred chef to open Victorian grocery shop-style restaurant and deli in the City
- Get beating away in the kitchen with a semen cooking class
- The Simmons empire continues to grow, opening a new bar in London's Temple area
- All Star Lanes Brick Lane - London Restaurant Bar Review
- Organic, sustainable and ethically sourced eatery coming to the City.
- Cinnamon Group unveils plans for casual all-day dining in Covent Garden
- Backyard Cinema - London Pop-Up Review
- Legendary Neapolitan pizzeria opens restaurant in London's Stoke Newington
- Cute, kitsch and quirky bar Every Cloud brings a silver lining to Hackney bar scene.
- Savse Winter Wellness Weekend - London Event Review
- Goodman Group replaces Finsbury Park favourite with late-night bar
- Swift hopes to transform London's drinking habits with fast-paced cocktail concept
- Kurobuta King's Road - London Restaurant Review
- Popdown by Cuisson - London Pop-Up Review
- The Diner, The Strand - London Restaurant Review
- You can now chip and dip at the crisp restaurant in Soho
- Clove Club group announce new ‘Britalian’ restaurant in Clerkenwell
- Masked by a few old coats, a Narnia-themed supper club arrives in North London this January
- 5 Fancy Dress New Year's Eve Parties in London
- East London is getting a rooftop, curling pop-up this Winter
- The Jazz Cafe - London Restaurant Review
- Modern Japanese izakaya restaurant launches in Mayfair
- Dirty Bones Shoreditch - London Restaurant Review
- The quirky character of Simmons set to arrive in Camden (VENUE BUILD ON HOLD)
- Carve Your Own Pumpkins in London This Halloween with Our Top Picks
- Suvlaki Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Joe's Southern Table & Bar - London Restaurant Review
- London tops the list at The World's 50 Best Bars 2016 Awards
- There's a new pizza burger in London. Yes, yes there is.
- Former director of L'Atelier des Chefs serves South London succulent steaks at affordable prices
- Buddha Bar - London Restaurant Review
- The Long Bar at Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- The Diner Covent Garden - London Restaurant Review
- Poultry and '60s cocktails are the name of the game for The Holy Birds in Shoreditch
- Comedy Carnival Clapham - London Event Review
- The Restaurant at Sanderson - London Restaurant Review
- Dine like a demogorgon: There's a new Stranger Things Menu at Lucky Chip
- Boxpark is opening in Croydon with more than 30 food stalls.
- Steak restaurant announces sixth site in Borough
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- London's first ever tigella restaurant opens on New Oxford Street.
- Yoga with a View - London Event Review
- The Diner Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Dare to bare at London’s naked nightclub in Soho
- VQ Notting Hill - London Restaurant Review
- Belpassi Bros Tooting - London Restaurant Review
- Peruvian superfood and Pisco Sours come to Fitrovia corner-plot
- Blind Spot at St. Martin's Lane - London Bar Review
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Brunch We Go - London Event Review
- London's first pink pizza from Zia Lucia celebrates charity and experimentation
- Cocktail bigwig Oskar Kinberg to open his own Shoreditch bar.
- New Winter pop-up? Pergola On The Roof returns with a Nordic Forest theme
- The elegant Jamavar brand expands across borders, opening in London's Mayfair
- 5 Pretty Restaurants for Autumn in London
- Marco Pierre White Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Could Emilia's be London's hottest new pasta restaurant?
- The Brackenbury - London Restaurant Review
- The Den at St Martin's Lane - London Afternoon Tea Review
- Lobos secures second tapas restaurant in heralded Frith Street
- Grand old Islington pub restored with a modern twist.
- Levantine pop-up announces permanent site in South Kensington
- Chef David Muñoz brings his Michelin stars to London, opening Street XO in Mayfair
- Small plates with all the flavours of Italy are dish of the day at Popolo.
- 5 NYE Parties in London for Early Birds
- Tootoomoo Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Anchors Up as the London Shell Co. opens a floating restaurant on Regent's Canal
- Purple Bar Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- Pared-back and low-key cocktails are in store for Dalston at Three Sheets.
- BRGR.Co Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Fish your dish? Celebrate Seafood Week with 5 great seafood restaurants in London.
- London's Grind franchise gets set for a new bar opening in Clerkenwell
- Would you pay £1000 for 100 dinner courses?
- Fine wine & delicious French treats meet at Cabotte in Bank
- New Delis Clerkenwell - London Restaurant Review
- Corazon appears on the horizon, moving into Soho's Poland Street
- All Star Lanes Bayswater - London Bowling Bar Review
- A new vegetable-geared restaurant in London that Popeye could be proud of
- BBQ specialists launch first permanent site with a ‘grown-up’ menu
- Peckham's pizza scene gets another name added to its repertoire
- The Bat and Ball - London Bar Review
- Walkers of Whitehall - London Restaurant Review
- The Game's Afoot - London Event Review
- Perilla couples fine cuisine with casual dining in Newington Green
- London's biggest brunch players get a new all-day restaurant at the Metal Box Factory
- The Victorian Bath House - London Bar Review
- Rosa's Thai Cafe Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- Join the French Resistance with Shh! Mamam Le Mot, an immersive supper club
- 6 great restaurants for meat eaters in London
- All Star Lanes Stratford - London Bowling Bar Review
- Renowned restaurant Smokehouse opens little sister in the city.
- Steak is here to stay at Bar + Block in King's Cross
- Panzo pizzeria arrives in the ever-expanding Exmouth Market
- Asia De Cuba - London Bottomless Brunch Review
- DMN Area Guides: London Bridge
- Get your skates on, Queens Ice and Bowl is having a swanky facelift
- The Four Sisters Townhouse - London Bar Review
- Fancy and funkin good fried chicken gets a Brixton base
- Richard Caring's Ivy Group cements its roots in London, opening a third Ivy Cafe in St John's Wood
- 5 Things to do Before Summer Ends