The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Good Ship Comedy presents Jen Brister
- No reviews.
- The Colonel Fawcett
Jen is a comic who is finally getting the recognition she deserves after years of acing it on the circuit. Whether mining her Spanish heritage, life as a new Mum with her partner or unleashing her laser-guided sights on modern life, she's never anything less than hilarious. It should be no surprise that she was one of the top contenders for the Comic's Comic Award in 2017. She has performed stand up in clubs all over the country (literally) as well as sketch comedy in numerous groups including the Loose Connection. Most recently Jen has appeared on BBC2’s Live at the Apollo. She has taken several extremely well received solo shows up to the Edinburgh Fringe Festival, as well as performing as part of The Comedy Zone at the Pleasance and appearing in Trevor Lock’s hilarious play “The One & The Many”. She has worked at BBC 6 Music where she presented a number of different shows including the weekend overnights, the weekend breakfast show and stand ins for Lauren Laverne, Liz Kershaw and Jon Holmes.
“Brister ticks all the boxes – she’s confident, energetic and knows how to deliver a line for maximum laughs.” The Scotsman
“Outrageously funny.” Metro
“A splendid hour of laughing till your face hurts.” The List
Darren Harriot is an act who is very much coming into his moment. After gaining a nod for Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2017 he has already appeared on BBC Radio 4's News Quiz, Live at the Apollo and Russell Howard's Stand-Up Central. A confident performer with a captivating charm, Darren’s comedy deals with everything from subverting stereotypes, to everyday observations, to that juiciest of topics, religion – all with a cutting edge.
“Passionate, articulate, witty.” **** Evening Standard
“This sharp debut explores his many contradictions with primetime warmth. Watch him.” **** The Sunday Times
Olga Koch does stand-up comedy onstage and creates cathartic performance art in the privacy of her own home. She has trained at the UCB Theatre in New York, as well as the Soho Theatre and the Free Association in London. With a background like that it's no surprise that she's been a multiple new ace competition finalist, delighting audiences with her confidently odd comedy.
"A naturally comic mind." Beyond the Joke
"Hugely charismatic." Broadway Baby
A bedrock of surgically sharp writing combined with a cool and confident delivery make Micky an exceptional comedian. Her material moves quickly from devastating honesty, to brutal whimsy, to on-point social observations. She already has the aura of a successful comic well beyond her years.
"The most accomplished comedian on the bill...she has a keen comic mind." Chortle
Winner of the BAFTA Rocliffe New Writing Award and with an exciting new sit-com in development, Andrea is one of the finest new writers in the country at the moment, specialising in deliciously dark and transgressive material that will have you laughing despite yourself.
“A keen writing skill…archly cynical attitude…her slick, fluid set is rich with inventive, sarcastic gags hung round an intriguing personality.” Chortle
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statuesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of North London.
"Sharp and crafty gagsmith, a life-giving compere." Chortle
"Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue." Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
1 Randolph Street NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.