The Colonel Fawcett is a traditional British pub situated on Randolph Street in Camden. The venue boasts two large outdoor areas, a function room and a lounge bar / dining area, all of which are available for hire on request. The venue can cater for anything from couples to small groups, and anything…
Good Ship Comedy presents Nick Revell
- No reviews.
- The Colonel Fawcett
Nick Revell is a comedian and writer. He is currently writing BrokenDreamCatcher, a series of surreal and satirical stories for BBC Radio 4. He will premier a new live show, also called BrokenDreamCatcher, this year at the Kendal Comedy Festival and then the Edinburgh Fringe.
He began selling jokes to radio and TV in the late 70s then did his first stand-up gigs at the London Comedy Store in 1980. Since then he has written and performed for stage, radio and TV, picking up various awards along the way for live stand-up, radio and TV sketch shows and situation comedies. He’s written material for many other comedians, including Roy Hudd, Jasper Carrot, Dave Allen, Paul Merton and Miles Jupp.
He is also author of two novels - House of the Spirit Levels and Night of the Toxic Ostrich and a stage play, Love and Other Fairytales. He was co-creator, producer, writer and performer on the successful topical podcast No Pressure to Be Funny with James O’Brien and Alistair Barrie. His last four Edinburgh shows - Closet Optimist, Feminist Porno Jihadi, Gluten Free Jesus and Nick Revell vs Lily, Evil Cat Queen of Earth Planet and The Laughing Fridge all received four and five star reviews.
“Revell’s pedigree goes back to the Eighties, but his patter is as relevant today as it ever was.” London Evening Standard
"One of the most creative and incisive comics on the circuit." Guardian
"A master craftsman." Time Out
Sarah Callaghan is an award-winning comedian and writer who has taken the comedy scene by storm with her frank and fearless style.
In 2014 she was named as ‘One to Watch’ by Time Out and in 2015 she took her critically-acclaimed debut hour show Elephant to the Edinburgh Fringe. A confessional exploration of escape and ambition, Elephant played to packed houses and received great reviews across the board. Sarah was widely heralded as an exciting new comedic voice, a status cemented by her Malcolm Hardee Award nomination for ‘Act Most Likely To Earn A Million Quid’. She also appeared on E4’s Virtually Famous as a guest on Seann Walsh’s team. Elephant subsequently toured to the prestigious Soho Theatre for a run of shows in 2016, again to acclaim, and then on to the Perth and Sydney Comedy Festivals in Australia.
Since then she has grown into a formidable act: punchy, smart and never holding back in the search for the next hard-hitting punchline.
"A powerhouse. She’s an utter natural on stage… radiates confidence."★★★★ Chortle
"Fiercely impressive and quite stunning." ★★★★ The Scotsman
From winning Chortle Best Newcomer and Hackney Empire New Act Awards in 2012, Pat has gone on to become a perenially daft presence on the alternative comedy scene in the UK and internationally. His own style of “controlled silliness” (Fest Mag) has led him to appearances on Dave's One Night Stand, Sky Arts, BBC3, BBC Radio 1, 4 (The Now Show) and 4 Extra. As well as two national tour support slots for Ardal O'Hanlon and Nina Conti, Pat has written and performed 4 critically acclaimed Edinburgh Fringe Festival solo shows, and appeared internationally in Belgium, Switzerland, France, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, The Netherlands, and Peterborough.
Nominee Best Show, Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival 2016
“Cahill strikes an unlikely balance between stretched absurdity and sophisticated introspection... This is one of the strangest and most satisfying hours of the Festival.” Edfestmag
“Wonderfully weird.” The Guardian
“True star quality.” Evening Standard
Edinburgh native Rachel Jackson first made a splash in the acting world, appearing in Outlander, Two Doors Down and Scot Squad.
This led her to stand-up comedy and she debuted at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2017 to mass critical acclaim with her show 'Bunny Boiler.' Her unique brand of energy, honesty and infectious enthusiasm earned her glowing reviews and cemented her position as one of Scotland's brightest actor performers. Rachel has also starred in two feature films set for release in 2018. The first, 'The Party's Just Beginning' is Karen Gillam's directorial debut and the second 'Beats' was produced by Sixteen Films.
'"Jackson is a genius behind the microphone, deserving of every success she encounters. Her stage presence and likeable personality makes you fall in love with her positive way of thinking. If you are looking for a full hour of non-stop laughter, you can bet Jackson will deliver.' ***** Ed Fest Mag
Sam has been gigging for around 3 years and in that time I’ve been selected for the BBC New Comedy Award, was a finalist in the 2016 Max Turner Prize and Balham Comedy Festival New Act Competitions. He has had material featured on Newsjack on BBC4 Extra and was once given half pack of Wine Gums after a gig by a happy and/or pissed audience member. We reckon there can be no greater praise.
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Standing a statutesque five foot five inches high (not in heels) and weighing in at eleven stone (on a good day) Ben is the current light-middleweight contender for compering champion of Kilburn. He has his sights set on becoming the challenger for the Camden title in 2018.
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
1 Randolph Street NW1 0SS
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.