Legendary London Pub And Music Venue Launches Crowdfunding Campaign

  venue details Opening times User reviews (36) View on map

Published . By Georgia Evans.

The Victoria Crowdfunding | London Bar News | DesignMyNight

Save The Vic by donating to their crowdfunding campaign. 

Any London music lover has been to The Victoria. Whether it’s been a messy one with the lads, a live music show or chilled out dinner and drinks after work. Now, the legendary venue faces possible closure as a result of the Covid-19 crisis and is asking for £25,000 to help save the venue as part of the #SaveOurVenues campaign launched by the Music Venue Trust.

What can you do to help? The team behind the pub, Jaguar Shoes Co, have launched a crowdfunding campaign to subsist and to financially assist all the people that make the live music, DJ parties, movie screenings, comedy nights and all manner of different events possible. 75% of donations will pay the currently accruing debt on all basic costs (including rent) while the remaining 25% will be distributed to promoters, freelancers and third party staff programmed to be employed during the period of closure.

You may remember that Jaguar Shoes Co shifted operations to become a grocery store and food box service during the pandemic. Furthermore, the venue is renowned for its status as the place to catch up-and-coming musicians in London (many of whom have also been negatively affected by the crisis), welcoming the likes of Major Lazer, Bad Honey, and Dry Cleaning as well as holding cult club nights.

They’re even running a series of interviews, hosted by George Godfrey from Radio X, with the many artists that have played at the venue to discuss the current climate and to give insight into why small venues are so important for London’s nightlife.

Should you wish to donate and help save the East London venue from closing, you can find their crowdfunding campaign and more information here. The Victoria is currently running a collection service for food and drink from 451 Queensbridge Road, E8 3AS. Read our take on supporting independent venues through Covid-19 here.