Good Ship Comedy presents Fern Brady
- Le Gothique
It's time for The Great Restart. After months in plague-stricken dry dock, Good Ship Comedy returns to South London with more killer line-ups. Last summer we hosted two triple-headliner shows as part of the sold-out New Normal Festival and we're back in Wandsworth by popular demand. Join us at Le Gothique's unique outdoor space in the grounds of the Royal Victoria Patriotic Building for this smasher of a show.
As seen on Live from the BBC, Live from the Comedy Store, Live at the Apollo and most recently with her own BBC special 'Power and Chaos'. Fern is one of the UK’s hottest comedy stars. Known for being totally unique and completely fearless, her material tackles sexuality, feminism, power, Brexit, Britishness, Scottishness and nationality all with her caustic wit, exceptional writing and electric stage craft.
"Appealingly acidic… a great comic sensibility with moments of sparkling verve." The Guardian
"An astounding hour." The List
"Tough-talking and packed with don’t-give-a-shit honesty. It finds the right balance between sincerity and side-splitting anecdotes... I was crying with laughter." The Skinny
With her infectious laugh and high energy Rosie Jones brings "huge laughs" (Chortle) and has quickly become a must-see act on the comedy circuit. The ex-television researcher was awarded second place in the Leicester Mercury’s New Comedian Of The Year 2018, and hasn't looked back since, appearing on big hitting shows 8 Out of 10 Cats, The Last Leg and Live at the Apollo, as well as her brand new series Trip Hazard. She is warm, mischievous and unafraid to initiate gasps of shock as well as laughter from audiences with her taboo-busting routines. In her own words, she is a triple-threat (gay, disabled and a prick) and in ours she never leaves a room before dismantling its roof with laughter. A must-see.
"Smart, mischievous, laugh-out-loud funny." Chortle
"Fresh, mischievous and utterly charming." The List
"Genuinely masterful." The Skinny
Andrew O'Neill is an award-winning comedian, punk-rock musician and best-selling writer. A psychedelic non-binary whirlwind, they combine surrealism, polemic and good old-fashioned stagecraft to produce uniquely counter-cultural stand-up. They are a founder member of the Victorian-obsessed punk band The Men That Will Not Be Blamed For Nothing, whose distinctive anachro-punk has gained a cult following and besmirched the stages of music festivals worldwide. O'Neill has written and toured a shit-tonne of critically-acclaimed solo comedy shows, including Occult Comedian, Winston Churchill Was Jack The Ripper, MINDSPIDERS, Alternative, Andrew O'Neill is Easily Distracted and the current Andrew O'Neill's Black Magick Fun Hour,
“An increasingly distinctive, imaginative act… brilliant, genuinely unexpected lines are added to the mix.” Chortle
“They have a natural optimism and love of silliness that leaves you feeling remarkably positive… a winning blend of polemic and off-beat whimsy.” The Guardian
AND YOUR RESIDENT HOST:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
One of the quickest wits around and a much-loved compere, he always brings a jam-packed back of nonsense, silliness and wisecracks to every gig he hosts.
"Sharp and crafty gagsmith, a life-giving compere." Chortle
"Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue." Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
|Early Bird Ticket||20:00 - 22:30||£15.00|
|Advance Ticket||20:00 - 22:30||£20.00|
Le Gothique, Royal Victoria Patriotic Building, John Archer Way, London, SW18 3SX
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.