Originally built as a bank, the returns on your money at The Spread Eagle Croydon are better now than ever. Now one of the best pubs in Croydon, this beautiful Grade II listed building is home to one of the finest pub playhouses, showcasing the very best in theatre, comedy and film - check out the events…
Wi-Fi Wars is a live comedy game show where you play along! Log in with your smartphone or tablet (make sure you've got plenty of battery!) and compete in a range of games, quizzes and challenges to win the show, and prizes!
Hosted by comedian and regular videogames commentator Steve McNeil (Team Captain on Dara O Briain's Go 8 Bit, host/regular on Challenge TV's Videogame Nation), the show was first performed as part of the Royal Institution's 2015 Summer Programme after Steve and Rob Sedgebeer's appearance on their 2014 BBC Christmas Lectures. In 2016 they returned with a new show, at which they broke the Guinness World Record for "Most People Playing A Single Game of Pong" (286 people, the previous record was 251) - click here for video.
An early version of the technology used in the show was developed by Rob Sedgebeer and kindly loaned to the live incarnation of McNeil and Pamphilon's videogaming/comedy show Go 8-Bit, which you may have spotted in things such as Time Out (Critic's Choice), Metro (Top Ten London Geek Nights Out), The Guardian ("Not To Be Missed") and on BBC Radio 4 Extra. They also had their own stage at Eurogamer's EGX, welcoming over 80,000 people to the event over its four day run at Earls' Court. Rob's tech is also used extensively in the TV show.
WARNING: YOU NEED TO BRING A CHARGED SMARTPHONE - YOU WILL PLAY ALONG WITH THE ENTIRE SHOW ON IT.
(Doors open @ 7:30pm / Show starts @ 8pm)
39-41 Katharine Street CR0 1NX
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.