A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Sue Kreitzmans Colour Special Neon Naked Life Drawing Class!
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
"Don't Wear Beige - It Could Kill You!"
Super excited to announce a very special Colour Explosive collaborative class with renowned artist and fashion icon Sue Kreitzman. Sue will lead the class speaking about the wonders of colour in her work as well as featuring pieces to be drawn on highly embellished life models.
Join us at the Old Queens Head in the center of Angel for an evening of vibrant artistic fun. Come to a life drawing class like no other using neon reactive arts materials creating drawings inspired by uniquely styled, vibrant life models with visuals from Sue's amazing, extravagant world.
This class explores creative drawing, moving away from the perfectionist traditional teachings of life drawing. By trying out a number of different image-making techniques from continuous line to pointillism the artists are encouraged to think outside the box and create more unusual imagery.
As described in TimeOut Magazine as 'It might look like a Full Moon party, but this evening of sketching is an experiment in light, colour, and texture. The models become ‘living sculptures’ covered in UV lights and reactive body paints. Trippy.'
Neon Naked is a unique life drawing experience that specializes in creating unusual and creative drawings by using vibrant and bold living sculptures. By combining UV light and reactive body paints with handcrafted accessories it's easy to get the creative juices flowing.
The class starts off with some quick and fun drawing exercises to get you warmed up. Then goes into longer drawing times with more exciting life images, experimenting with colour, light, and texture.
All art supplies are provided with essentials such as pencil, paper and drawing boards but also you can use the fluorescent glowing neon pastels and pens to really make your art pop! You can always bring extras such as sketchbooks and fineliners. Liquid-based art materials are not provided however you are allowed to bring them with you.
No experience needed, it's not like most people have done it before either. Help is always available if you get a challenging pose.
It's fun and friendly with a chilled out atmosphere.
A great affordable evening out if you want to try something new.
All designs and accessories are created by Jylle Navarro who has been specializing in UV reactive materials and performance art for many years.
The Old Queens Head is described by Time Out as 'The latest addition to Essex Road's burgeoning bar scene was a popular, flamboyantly historic, big corner pub that was ripe for a revamp. Step forward Steve Blonde and the Medicine Bar's Rob Wheeler and the place works a treat; they're going large on 'proper drinks', fine food and lotsa leather sofas to kick back in.'
For more information on the venue go to - https://theoldqueenshead.com
For more info on Sue go to - http://www.suekreitzman.com
|General||19:30 - 21:30||£14.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.