Editorial Assistant at DesignMyNight and owner of perhaps the world's most ridiculous surname. Twitter @dansplarn.
Renowned for their elegant, high-end restaurants throughout the city, Cinnamon Bazaar will offer a more relaxed and easygoing vibe than its sister sites. This 90-cover site will feature beautiful bespoke art and a large bar space serving up the gin cocktails, and the celebrated restaurateur Vivek... Read more >
Slotting in right beside Finsbury Park station, Zelman Drinks will bring a mixture of music, drinks and live sport to the former site of the much-loved Silver Bullet. The bar has a late licence - opening until 3am Thursday to Sunday and 2am otherwise - and will welcome those from the hospitality... Read more >
“The term ‘Britalian’ is a good short-hand for what we are doing” so says Isaac Mchale of Luca, the new restaurant and bar from the group behind the Clove Club. Split into distinct restaurant and bar spaces - each with an interior designed with 1950s Italy in mind - the food... Read more >
The folks behind the popular Chisou restaurant on nearby Princes Street introduce Kiri, an authentic new haven for modern izakaya dishes and an exclusive list of sakes. Decking out their space in natural woods and warm lighting down a quiet side road close to Oxford Street, the philosophy at Kiri... Read more >
Borough Market has always been a great source of inspiration to Will Beckett and Huw Gott - co-founders of Hawksmoor - which is why there’s so much anticipation for their new restaurant. Hawksmoor sources a lot of its ingredients from the foodie hub that is Borough Market, and now... Read more >
Pisqu is vowing to introduce a “Peruvian melting pot” of flavours to Fitzrovia’s eating out scene, with head chef William Ortiz presiding over a menu showcasing influences from Japan, Spain, Chile and the capital city of Lima itself. A colourful and vibrant menu of superfoods will... Read more >
As I awkwardly shuffled through the melee of Trafalgar Square on my way to check out Blind Spot, this is absolutely the last place in London that I could have expected to find a secretive speakeasy known only to a very select few. Priding itself on an exciting live jazz schedule, a tasty array... Read more >
Ceru strives to “harness the attractive array of Middle Eastern and Eastern Mediterranean ingredients” to create a vibrant eating out experience that is as delicious as it is good for you. Husband and wife team Barry and Patricia Hilton are the brains behind the brand, taking experience... Read more >
Launched back in 2013, David Carter’s Smokestak has earned a loyal following of BBQ lovers thanks to its “simple, no-nonsense” approach to food. Plating up USDA brisket, pork and beef rib dishes at Street Feast and other UK food festivals, this first permanent restaurant will cook... Read more >
If those two words - London Bridge - instantly bring signal failures and staff shortages to mind, you need this guide. With sky-high restaurants offering glorious views of the city rubbing shoulders with secret speakeasies hosting live entertainment throughout the week, there's so much more to this... Read more >
Articles by month
- Daniel brothers open third vegetarian site in London's Marylebone
- Co-working just got cool with cocktails, DJs, Pilates and yoga at Shoreditch Platform
- London is getting a ball-pit bar. We repeat, London is getting.....a ball-pit bar.
- Ladybird Bar Angel - London Bar Reviews
- Bōkan set to please Canary Wharf's busy crowds with its idyllic roof terrace & sleek dining experience
- BYOC is finally bringing its 1920s style to East London
- Humble Grape Battersea - London Bar Review
- All Star Lanes Holborn - London Restaurant Bar Review
- The Astronomer - London Pub Review
- Mumford and Sons band member opens live music venue in railway arches
- Ray's Bars serves up a 3 course liquid dinner in new Dalston digs
- Absurd Bird Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Oslo Hackney - London Brunch Review
- We visit Mamalan as they launch their fifth home in Shoreditch
- The Camden Cabaret Club and House of Burlesque put on the ultimate Halloween show
- Quaglino's - London Restaurant Review
- Michelin-Starred chef to open Victorian grocery shop-style restaurant and deli in the City
- Get beating away in the kitchen with a semen cooking class
- The Simmons empire continues to grow, opening a new bar in London's Temple area
- All Star Lanes Brick Lane - London Restaurant Bar Review
- Organic, sustainable and ethically sourced eatery coming to the City.
- Cinnamon Group unveils plans for casual all-day dining in Covent Garden
- Backyard Cinema - London Pop-Up Review
- Legendary Neapolitan pizzeria opens restaurant in London's Stoke Newington
- Cute, kitsch and quirky bar Every Cloud brings a silver lining to Hackney bar scene.
- Savse Winter Wellness Weekend - London Event Review
- Goodman Group replaces Finsbury Park favourite with late-night bar
- Swift hopes to transform London's drinking habits with fast-paced cocktail concept
- Kurobuta King's Road - London Restaurant Review
- Popdown by Cuisson - London Pop-Up Review
- The Diner, The Strand - London Restaurant Review
- You can now chip and dip at the crisp restaurant in Soho
- Clove Club group announce new ‘Britalian’ restaurant in Clerkenwell
- Masked by a few old coats, a Narnia-themed supper club arrives in North London this January
- 5 Fancy Dress New Year's Eve Parties in London
- East London is getting a rooftop, curling pop-up this Winter
- The Jazz Cafe - London Restaurant Review
- Modern Japanese izakaya restaurant launches in Mayfair
- Dirty Bones Shoreditch - London Restaurant Review
- The quirky character of Simmons set to arrive in Camden (VENUE BUILD ON HOLD)
- Carve Your Own Pumpkins in London This Halloween with Our Top Picks
- Suvlaki Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Joe's Southern Table & Bar - London Restaurant Review
- London tops the list at The World's 50 Best Bars 2016 Awards
- There's a new pizza burger in London. Yes, yes there is.
- Former director of L'Atelier des Chefs serves South London succulent steaks at affordable prices
- Buddha Bar - London Restaurant Review
- The Long Bar at Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- The Diner Covent Garden - London Restaurant Review
- Poultry and '60s cocktails are the name of the game for The Holy Birds in Shoreditch
- Comedy Carnival Clapham - London Event Review
- The Restaurant at Sanderson - London Restaurant Review
- Dine like a demogorgon: There's a new Stranger Things Menu at Lucky Chip
- Boxpark is opening in Croydon with more than 30 food stalls.
- Steak restaurant announces sixth site in Borough
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- London's first ever tigella restaurant opens on New Oxford Street.
- Yoga with a View - London Event Review
- The Diner Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Dare to bare at London’s naked nightclub in Soho
- VQ Notting Hill - London Restaurant Review
- Belpassi Bros Tooting - London Restaurant Review
- Peruvian superfood and Pisco Sours come to Fitrovia corner-plot
- Blind Spot at St. Martin's Lane - London Bar Review
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Brunch We Go - London Event Review
- London's first pink pizza from Zia Lucia celebrates charity and experimentation
- Cocktail bigwig Oskar Klimaszewski to open his own Shoreditch bar.
- New Winter pop-up? Pergola On The Roof returns with a Nordic Forest theme
- The elegant Jamavar brand expands across borders, opening in London's Mayfair
- 5 Pretty Restaurants for Autumn in London
- Marco Pierre White Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Could Emilia's be London's hottest new pasta restaurant?
- The Brackenbury - London Restaurant Review
- The Den at St Martin's Lane - London Afternoon Tea Review
- Lobos secures second tapas restaurant in heralded Frith Street
- Grand old Islington pub restored with a modern twist.
- Levantine pop-up announces permanent site in South Kensington
- Chef David Muñoz brings his Michelin stars to London, opening Street XO in Mayfair
- Small plates with all the flavours of Italy are dish of the day at Popolo.
- 5 NYE Parties in London for Early Birds
- Tootoomoo Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Anchors Up as the London Shell Co. opens a floating restaurant on Regent's Canal
- Purple Bar Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- Pared-back and low-key cocktails are in store for Dalston at Three Sheets.
- BRGR.Co Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Fish your dish? Celebrate Seafood Week with 5 great seafood restaurants in London.
- London's Grind franchise gets set for a new bar opening in Clerkenwell
- Would you pay £1000 for 100 dinner courses?
- Fine wine & delicious French treats meet at Cabotte in Bank
- New Delis Clerkenwell - London Restaurant Review
- Corazon appears on the horizon, moving into Soho's Poland Street
- All Star Lanes Bayswater - London Bowling Bar Review
- A new vegetable-geared restaurant in London that Popeye could be proud of
- BBQ specialists launch first permanent site with a ‘grown-up’ menu
- Peckham's pizza scene gets another name added to its repertoire
- The Bat and Ball - London Bar Review
- Walkers of Whitehall - London Restaurant Review
- The Game's Afoot - London Event Review
- Perilla couples fine cuisine with casual dining in Newington Green
- London's biggest brunch players get a new all-day restaurant at the Metal Box Factory