Fashion & Cinema: The 60s Fashion Revolution
- The Soho Hotel
Hosted by Fashion & Cinema founder, Joana Granero Sánchez in conversation with fashion historian and V&A Curator, Stephanie Wood and fashion PR guru, Julian Vogel the talk and screening will focus on the designers and stylists that defined the decade, from Mary Quant – famous for popularising the mini skirt, to Ken Scott and Vidal Sassoon.
The conversation will be followed by a screening of Two for the Road 1967, featuring Audrey Hepburn wearing an array of fabulous 60's designs from the likes of Paco Rabanne, Mary Quant and Ken Scott.
Hosted in a luxury screening room at The Soho Hotel, the hotel is based in the heart of London's entertainment neighbourhood. Following the film, enjoy a three course meal at Refuel Bar & Restaurant with a menu that celebrates fresh, seasonal produce.
The conversation will be followed by a screening of Two for the Road 1967, featuring Audrey Hepburn wearing an array of fabulous 60s designs from the likes of Paco Rabanne, Mary Quant and Ken Scott.
Stephanie Wood is a fashion historian and curator for the V&A Museum, with key shows including Mary Quant 2019, Balenciaga: Shaping Fashion 2017, as well as the upcoming Gabrielle Chanel: Fashion Manifesto exhibition, due to open in September 2023.
Julian Vogel has had a long career in fashion and is CEO of Modus BPCM, a communications agency based in London. He was associate producer on Vidal Sassoon The Movie 2010.
JOANA GRANERO SÁNCHEZ
Joana founded Fashion & Cinema in 2012, fascinated by the then under-explored relationship between fashion, cinema and costume design. Born in Tarragona, she graduated in Law from the University of Barcelona, obtaining a Msc in Political and Social Theory from Birkbeck College. After working in publishing in London, Joana focused on the ideation and production of film and cultural events, creating in 2005 the London Spanish Film Festival. In 2008 the Ambassador of Spain in London awarded her with the civil merit medal Orden de Isabel la Católica in recognition of her work with Spanish cinema in London. With some twenty years of experience in the sector, she also works as an independent curator, producer and lecturer.
FASHION & CINEMA
Launched in 2012, Fashion & Cinema is a series of events created and produced by Tristana Media including film screenings, on-stage conversations and talks exploring the relationship between fashion and cinema as well as the work of costume designers.
In Conversation, Film & Three-course Dinner
Includes a glass of wine on arrival, 'In Conversation', film screening and a three course dinner at Refuel Restaurant.
|16:15 - 20:30||£70.00|
|In Conversation & Film||16:15 - 20:30||£35.00|
The Soho Hotel, 4, Richmond Mews, London, W1D 3DH
Tottenham Court Road (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.