BG & ELMORE JAM PRESENT: THE DINNER & JAZZ CLUB
- The Cuckoo
- No reviews.
GOURMET 4-course tasting menu with live jazz
- all in the heart of a community pub in N1!
Brought to you by the team behind The Underground Supper Club (London's gourmet supper club on a 1967 Tube carriage), Basement Galley and Elmore Jam, a father and daughter team who have become the biggest name in live jazz supper clubs since their launch last year. This great veteran combo invites you to a beautifully fresh,seasonal 4 course tasting menu with live jazz, and it's all super central - only a 10 minute walk from Highbury & Islington station.
What to expect
The Cuckoo has carved itself out a reputation for being a 'Gastro Hub' that provides fantastic food and drinks through a series of short-term 'pop-up' restaurants, but it does further: the pub provide the local community with the opportunity to engage in a variety of workshops, talks and entertainment.
So it's against this relaxed and comfortable backdrop that you'll join fellow diners at a communal table for dinner. Expect some of Basement Galley’s finest seasonal dishes to the sophisticated sound of Elmore's live jazz!
And thanks to a landlord with a great sense of quality bar you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious pint of craft ale or a carafe of vino or two!
What better way to blow away those end of summer blues!?
The Elmore Jam was started by father and daughter team Nick and Ro in their home on the other side of Islington with the specific aim of bringing people together for a sociable, culinary and musically stimulating experience for all your senses. They are focused on getting delicious food prepared by a rotation of professional, exciting chefs to your plate whilst you enjoy socialising with a backdrop of live musicians, all the ingredients you need for a good night.
Basement Galley is the catering company behind a whole series of supper clubs, most famously, The Underground Supper Club' on a 1969 London Underground carriage in Walthamstow. Originally named The Basement Galley Supper Club, then trainee-lawyer, Tom Fothergill, and his flatmate, Chef Alex Cooper, set out to bring friends and strangers alike together over dinners in their flat in Brixton. They are now joined by Chef Shiann Stuiver from Pollen Street Social to bring you some awesomely and creative dishes loosely based on Skandinavian flavours.
The Cuckoo N1 has carved itself out a reputation for being a 'Gastro Hub' that provides fantastic food and drinks through a series of short-term 'pop-up' restaurants, but it goes further: the pub provide the local community with the opportunity to engage in a variety of workshops, talks and entertainment. From this quality bar you’ll be able to enjoy a delicious pint of craft ale or a carafe of vino or two!
What will the menu be? Hard to tell! Similar to the Table d'Hotes in France guests are served a series of highlights chosen by the chefs. Basement Galley chefs will be writing the menu for the night based on what seasonal produce their top-quality suppliers will be offering that week. They will also be using some ingredients grown in Valentines Park's own veggie patch!
Do you cater for dietary requirements? Yes. There is a section for that when you buy your ticket. Basement Galley can cater for most dietary or allergy requirements as long as we know in advance; otherwise we won't be able to cater for you on the night.
Is there a dress code? No. Please feel comfortable. Some people like to dress up a bit but others choose the t-shirt and jeans options. We just want you to enjoy your evening!
Is this a BYOB event? No. The onsite bar will be offering a carefully selected menu of wines, beers, and soft drinks on the night.
Will I be sitting next to people I know? Sort of. Despite silver service and high-end food, it's a supper club, NOT a restaurant. The organisers will try to accommodate people who book together close to each other, but please be prepared for sitting next to the odd stranger as well at the banquet table: it's been proven time and time again that guests who get to know fellow diners in this way get the most out of the evening!
LAST MINUTE - The Dinner & Jazz Club @ The Cuckoo
4-course seasonal tasting menu with a welcome drink. Free guided tour included in the ticket price.
115 Hemingford Road N1 1BZ
Highbury & Islington (Tube)
115 Hemingford Road N1 1BZ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Thanks for your review. You've earned 10 points! Check your balance here.