Firmdale Book Salons: Lorraine Candy & Christie Watson
- Charlotte Street Hotel
Authors and friends Lorraine Candy and Christie Watson discuss midlife, female friendship and parenting in what will be a frank, funny and insightful evening.
Lorraine Candy is a mother of four and an award-winning journalist with over a decade of experience writing about parenting in national newspapers and magazines. She is also the co-host of the chart-topping lifestyle podcast Postcards from Midlife, which features the stories of spirited midlife women and tackles parenting adolescents. Formerly the editor-in-chief of Sunday Times Style, ELLE and Cosmopolitan, she is now focusing full-time on writing.
'What's Wrong with Me?' by Lorraine Candy
There’s magic within these pages." – JO WILEY
‘Hilarious, honest and brilliantly relatable, it reads like warm hug from a best friend who will hold your hand and support you despite all your foibles. Thank you for making me feel I am not alone in the confusing muddle and malaise of mid-life.’ – LOUISE MINCHIN
‘This comforting memoir will help us all feel less alone as we navigate the emotional turmoil of midlife. It's full of advice and stories to support everyone who needs a bit of reassurance that it really is all going to be ok and the best is yet to come… coz it really is’ Davina McCall
‘Few books tackle both the physical and emotional elements of women's midlife experience but this one does with warmth, wit and seriously helpful advice. It's a practical and gentle nudge for women towards a happier, healthier and more uplifting midlife experience. ‘ Julia Samuel MBE
Tackling everything from empty nest, career reinvention, sex, marriage, brain fog, burnout, perimenopause and menopause this laugh out loud memoir is a pathfinder for women whose messy midlife rage caught them by surprise. With advice from experts, celebrities and personal stories, the book will help women feel less alone as they embrace this liberating and transformational new stage of life.
Christie Watson is Professor of Medical Humanities at UEA and worked as an NHS nurse for over twenty years. She has written five books, including her first novel Tiny Sunbirds Far Away, which won the Costa First Novel Award, and memoir, The Language of Kindness which was a number one Sunday Times bestseller. Christie is a contributor to The Times, Sunday Times, Guardian, Daily Telegraph and TEDx, and her work has been translated into 23 languages and adapted for theatre.
Book Salon Ticket
Includes a glass of wine or non-alcoholic cocktail
|18:30 - 20:00||£20.00|
Book Salon Ticket & Dinner
Includes a two course set menu and a glass of wine at Oscar Restaurant
|18:30 - 20:00||£45.00|
Charlotte Street Hotel, 15-17, Charlotte Street, London, W1T 1RJ
Goodge Street (Tube)
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
Charlotte Street Hotel
More from Firmdale Hotels
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.