With respect to their Slow Food philosophy, The Petersham serve only the finest seasonal produce showcasing their English and Italian roots. Within its premises, there are three unique locations, all in Covent Garden, the heart of central London. They offer exceptional spaces, exquisite seasonal menus…
Petersham Nurseries x Lily Lewis - In support of Refuge invite you to dinner at The Petersham Covent Garden
- No reviews.
- The Petersham
Petersham Nurseries x Lily Lewis invite you to dinner in Support of Refuge
Auction by Lord Dalmeny Chairman of Sotheby's
7.30pm, Thursday 17th June 2021.
2 Floral Court
From June, Lily Lewis addresses vulnerability and the projected self in her new collection "Safe Places", raising funds for domestic abuse victims in partnership with Refuge; a UK charity very close to our heart, providing specialist support for women and children experiencing domestic violence.
A stone's throw away from Petersham Nurseries Covent Garden, 'Carriage Hall' is situated in Floral Street. During the day, space is flooded with natural light, while in the evenings the artworks will be illuminated.
'Safe Places' features actors and actresses from the silver screen of the 1930s and '40s which Lily sees as the genesis of the "western beauty ideal" that both women and men are still held to today. All of the faces depicted in the show are actors and actresses who appear as ‘perfect,’ while the realities of their actual lives were far from it, not unlike our social media and ‘selfie culture’ of today. While movie stars of that era often led tragic lives of heartbreak and depression, what we remember more is the characters they played, and the story created around them. The naive and childlike application of colour separated from the detailed and intricate workmanship of the vignette faces creates the space between physical presence and projection, fact and fiction.
Refuge is committed to a world where domestic violence and violence against women and girls is not tolerated and where women and children can live in safety. They aim to empower women and children to rebuild their lives, free from violence and fear. They provide a range of lifesaving and life-changing services and a voice for the voiceless.
Charity Dinner in Support of Refuge
<p>Lily Lewis and Petersham Nurseries invite you to a 3-course Charity Dinner in Support of Refuge on 17th June 2021.</p>
|19:30 - 23:30||£220.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.