Greek Wine Tasting Evening
- Brother Marcus Spitalfields
Brother Marcus’ popular Geek wine tasting evenings will be continuing at their Spitalfields Market restaurant with the following ones on Wednesday 30th of March, 27th of April and 25th of May. The evenings will allow Londoners to try Greek wine from unknown regions alongside paired Greek food.
In collaboration with Greek suppliers, Maltby&Greek, guests will try six different wines throughout the evening accompanied by a handpicked menu of Eastern Mediterranean inspired small plates. The tasting will include sparkling wine, two whites, one rosé and two reds from a variety of regions including Santorini, Macedonia in Northern Greece and Attiki in Central Greece.
Brother Marcus have created a menu that will enhance the flavours of the wine. Guests will start with a glass of sparkling wine, the best way for any evening to begin, which will be accompanied by marinated olives in preserved lemon, chilli and rosemary; black garlic houmous with crispy chickpeas; wasabi tzatziki with Aleppo chilli; smokey aubergine baba ganoush with chilly oil and toasted fluffy pitta to dip in. Guests will then move onto white, rosé and finally red as they work their way through the paired dishes of grilled purple sporting broccoli with harissa oil, king prawns seared in Aleppo and garlic butter caramelised in kassundi, classic seafood and white wine combo. Moving on to the reds guests will enjoy the crispy aubergine skewer with shatta herb sauce and labneh, kefir fried chicken with grated graviera and walnut muhammara, and finally the hand-cut chips with feta and oregano.
During the evening guests will be given information about each wine; a few facts, where it comes from and its process with a chance to ask the sommelier any question they like.
|Let the wine flow||18:30 - 21:30||£55.00|
Brother Marcus Spitalfields, 2, Crispin Place, London, E1 6DW
Liverpool Street (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.