Greek Wine Tasting
- No reviews.
- Brother Marcus
Brother Marcus’ popular Geek wine tasting evenings will be starting again at their Spitalfields Market restaurant with the first one on Wednesday 23rd February. They will then take place on the last Wednesday of every month moving forwards and will allow Londoners to try Greek wine from unknown regions alongside paired Greek food.
In collaboration with Greek suppliers, Maltby&Greek, guests will try seven different wines throughout the evening accompanied by a handpicked menu of Eastern Mediterranean inspired small plates. The tasting will include a sparkling wine, two whites, two rosé and two reds from a variety of regions including Santorini, Macedonia in Northern Greece and Attiki in Central Greece.
Brother Marcus have created a menu that will enhance the flavours of the wine. Guests will start with a glass of sparkling wine, the best way for any evening to begin, which will be accompanied by in-house pickled veg and marinated olives in preserved lemon, chilli and rosemary; houmous with paprika chickpeas; fennel tzatziki with Aleppo chilli; smokey aubergine baba ganoush and toasted fluffy pitta to dip in. Guests will then move onto white, rosé and finally red as they work their way through the paired dishes of calamari with almond purée and basil, classic seafood and white wine combo, baked Manouri cheese with orange and thyme, kefir fried chicken with paprika and romesco, and finally red lentil kibbeh with yellow chilli purée, leek hay and pomegranate molasses.
During the evening guests will be given information about each wine; a few facts, where it comes from and its process with a chance to ask the sommelier any question they like.
Let the wine flow
Brother Marcus is launching monthly Greek wine tasting evenings with paired food at their Spitalfields Market restaurant in collaboration with Greek suppliers, Maltby & Greek. Kicking off on Wednesday 23rd of February guests will try seven different wines accompanied by Eastern Mediterranean-inspired small plates that have been handpicked by the Brother Marcus chefs to complement the wines tasted.
|18:30 - 20:30||£60.00|
Brother Marcus, 2, Crispin Place, London, E1 6DW
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.