Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel and Residences is available here in its finest form, recently highly commended at the 2018 Afternoon Tea Awards. Located opposite Kensington Palace and a short distance from the Royal Albert Hall, Afternoon Tea at The Milestone Hotel offers traditional charm, opulent…
Summer of Culture: ‘Moving to Mars’ inspired Afternoon Tea
Summer of Culture: ‘Moving to Mars’ afternoon tea
The journey to the Red Planet has become one of the great challenges of our time. In a ground-breaking exhibition at The Design Museum which opens on 16th October, discover how every detail in this extraordinary endeavour must be designed.
This afternoon tea at The Milestone Hotel & Residences, opposite Kensington Palace, will be hosted by Emily Watson, curator of ‘Moving to Mars’, who will give an exclusive insight into its design fiction, immersive experiences, new commissions and collaborations with contemporary designers. Discover how a Mars colony might evolve, from the spaceships to be used for the eight-month journey to the habitats that people will live in.
You’ll enjoy a delicious afternoon tea Cheneston's Restaurant with a delicate array of finger sandwiches, warm freshly baked scones piled high with Devonshire clotted cream and home-made preserves, and a selection of space-themed pastries.
Afternoon Tea Pastries
Valrhona caramelia chocolate mousse
Sprayed with red cocoa butter and flickered with a darker orange to give a Mars-like effect
Dark chocolate cup cake
Three toned icing with edible glitter throughout and garnished with edible stars and silver leaf - a little galaxy on top of your cup cake
Coconut & passion fruit mousse
Sprayed bright yellow and with flecks of gold leaf; as bright as its name suggests
Cream cheese macaron
The two sides of the moon: dark grey and white
Aerated coffee cake
An aerated cake that is partially dried out to give the effect of an asteroid, with chocolate ganache in some of the natural craters
Vanilla and chocolate cake pop
A cake pop with a chocolate disc in the centre, dipped in chocolate and sprinkled with popping candy
Date: 14th August
Price: £60 per person
Venue: Cheneston's Restaurant at The Milestone Hotel & Residences
· Space-themed afternoon tea
· An afternoon in conversation with the curator of Moving to Mars
In partnership with: The Design Museum’s ‘Moving to Mars’ exhibition
1 Kensington Court, W8 5DL
High Street Kensington (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.