With its sweeping windows, Genoese chandeliers and a private terrace, The Petersham provides an ideal and versatile space for all occasions. Their creative team will work with you to tailor your event to your preferences. Along with its opulent setting, The Petersham also offers a beautiful and serene…
Wine dinner – introducing Marche with Tenuta di Tavignano
- No reviews.
- The Petersham
Marche is a region on the eastern side of central Italy. It stretches over a triangle delimited by the Apennine Mountains to the west and the Adriatic Sea to the east. Thanks to the various climates created by the influences of the Apennines, the Adriatic and the region’s rivers the Metauro, Potenza, Tronto and Nera, wine producers cultivate in both warm and cool viticultural zones. Calcareous, clay and limestone-rich soils contribute to the distinctive terroir. Marche is best known as a white-wine region, although it is also home to some high-quality reds. The principal white varieties here are the ubiquitous Trebbiano and Verdicchio, grapes that have been found in the Marches for over 600 years. The DOCGs Verdicchio dei Castelli di Jesi and Verdicchio di Matelica are the finest expressions of Verdicchio. Among the red wines of Marche, the finest are generally made from Montepulciano and Sangiovese, the dark-skinned varieties used in the intensely fragrant Rosso Conero Riserva. And an extensive system of hills descending towards the Adriatic sea.
A family estate acquired in 1975 by Stefano Aymerich and his wife Beatrice Lucangeli. Tavignano consists of 30 hectares of vineyards located in a small town called Cingoli, in the heart of the Marche region. The denominations here are Verdicchio del Castelli di Jesi and Rosso Piceno. Cingoli has a perfect Verdicchio growing climate with good sun exposure from the South-East and ventilation from the cooling Northerly winds. Verdicchio is their focus and the majority of their production but they also grow small portions of Montepulciano and Sangiovese which are used in the production of their Rosso Piceno.
The estate has now been passed down to niece Ondine de la Feld, who, like her Uncle and Aunt, continues with the passion for producing quality Verdicchio in this region. Although for many years Stefano and Beatrice ran the estate with a conscious effort to minimise their environmental impact by using environmentally friendly vineyard techniques and management, one of Ondine’s first decisions, when she took charge, was to farm all their vineyards organically. From the 2019 vintage, they are officially certified organic.
Starting with the Il Pestifero 2021 for the reception drink with canapes, we will sit down to a 4-course meal to match 4 fine wines
Starter : Tenuta di Tavignano Misco 2021
Prima : Tenuta di Tavignano Misco Riserva 2018
Main : Tenuta di Tavignano Libenter Marche Rosso IGT 2018
Cheese Course : Tenuta di Tavignano - Cervidoni
Guided by our wine experts from Petersham Cellar, you will enjoy a brilliant evening of fine wine and exceptional food in our stunning private dining room at The Petersham.
Wine Maker Dinner with Tenuta di Tavignano at The Petersham
Guided by Ondine and wine experts from Petersham Cellar, you will enjoy a brilliant evening of fine wine, exceptional food in our stunning private dining room at The Petersham
|19:00 - 22:00||£95.00|
2 Floral Court, WC2E 8JD
Covent Garden (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.