The Bedford in Balham reopened in December 2018 following a multi-million-pound refurbishment giving the much loved pub, comedy club and grass-roots music venue a new lease of life. The Grade II listed venue now features five bars, four private rooms, a ballroom and a 250-capacity live music club, as…
The Funny Mummies Live Event
- No reviews.
- The Bedford
This Spring, funny mummy Hatty Ashdown invites fellow mums from across London to join her for the first live recording of her Funny Mummies podcast. The early evening show will be filled with comedy, music, good wine and tasty food - you will see a panel of witty women [Hatty Ashdown, Margaret Cabourn-Smith, Gemma Beagley] take an honest look at parenting in 2020.
With a growing fan base the Funny Mummies podcast takes a no preaching, no teaching approach to the exploration of mum-hood. Through silly humour and bubbly-banter the weekly panel of comedian mums share the pains and joys of parenting, and let listeners have a nosey into their daily lives as ‘mum’. ‘Like sitting round a table, having a chinwag with your bestie [iTunes review]’ fans can now come and join the Funny Mummy crew live at the newly refurbished comedy mecca, The Bedford. The live podcast will be hosted by Comedian, Writer (Give out Girls – Comedy Central), Actress (BBC radio 4), Broadcaster (Soho Radio , BBC London, Talk Radio ) and mum of two Hatty Ashdown. She will be joined by panellists Gemma Beagley (M.C. for Comedy Virgins and single mum) and Actress and Writer (Miranda, Motherland, The IT Crowd, The Hustle) Margaret Cabourn-Smith. : ‘After 13 episodes and a lot of positive feedback about keeping mums laughing and providing a bit of comfort, We wanted to do something to get these mums and parents together and remind them that while it can feel like the loneliest job in the world they’re not alone! This show is for anyone who’d like to get together with their mum mates and have a good laugh at the highs and lows of parenting or even to those who want to come alone – you’ll leave with aching cheeks and, who knows, even a new mum mate!’ This first live recording of the Funny Mummies podcast at the Bedford will offer table service while you laugh and snort wine out your nose - you don't even have to move from your seat to get more!
Listeners say: 'A must for all knackered mummies who need a laugh and some relatable content' ‘ More men need to hear this show, I am not a parent but it is funny as f**k and informative’
Babies in Arms are Welcome ( up 12 months )
Early Spring Bird
Limited amount of tickets for discount price !
|16:00 - 17:00||£5.00|
77, Bedford Hill, SW12 9HD
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.