A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Neon Naked Life Drawing | Old Queens Head | Angel
The Old Queens Head is opening its doors to our amazing neon workshop for a special event of neon life drawing!
At this point tier, restrictions are unknown for the time of the events, therefore, we will sell by the tier 2 restriction guidelines which are at the bottom of the page. Changes to the workshop will be a smaller capacity, social distancing within the class, and hand sanitizer provided. If a lockdown is extended and the events are cancelled all tickets will be refunded.
Join us at the Old Queens Head for an evening of vibrant artistic fun. Come to a life drawing class like no other using neon reactive arts materials to draw inspiringly colourful life models.
This class explores creative drawing, moving away from the perfectionist traditional teachings of life drawing. By trying out several different image-making techniques from continuous line drawing to pointillism the artists are encouraged to think outside the box and create more unusual imagery.
As described in TimeOut Magazine as 'It might look like a Full Moon party, but this evening of sketching is an experiment in light, colour, and texture. The models become ‘living sculptures’ covered in UV lights and reactive body paints. Trippy.'
Neon Naked is a new and unique life drawing experience that specializes in creating unusual and creative designs by using vibrant and bold living sculptures. By combining an industrial UV light and reactive body paints with hand-crafted flamboyant accessories it's easy to get the creative juices flowing.
The class starts with some quick and fun drawing exercises to get you warmed up. Then goes into longer drawing times with more exciting life images, experimenting with colour, light, and texture.
Art supplies are provided however please feel free to bring your own. With essentials such as pencil, paper and drawing boards but also you can use the fluorescent glowing neon pastels and highlighters to make your art pop!
No experience needed what so ever, it's not like most people have done it before either. Help is always available if you get a challenging pose.
It's fun and friendly with a chilled out atmosphere. A great affordable evening out if you want to try something new.
All designs and accessories are created by Jylle Navarro who has been specializing in UV reactive materials and performance art for many years.
The Old Queens Head is described by Time Out as 'The latest addition to Essex Road's burgeoning bar scene was a popular, flamboyantly historic, big corner pub that was ripe for a revamp. Step forward Steve Blonde and the Medicine Bar's Rob Wheeler and the place works a treat; they're going large on 'proper drinks', fine food and lotsa leather sofas to kick back in.'
For more information on the venue go to - www.theoldqueenshead.com
No none lockdown related refunds are available however you can gift / exchange tickets to any future events at the same location. For large group bookings please get in touch.
FAQ - Tier Two Restrictions
Are classes still going ahead during Tier Two Restrictions? YES
What has changed? Classes will be spaced out more so the majority of people attending aren't mixing.
You can mix (sit together) if you are in the same household or within the same support bubble of up to six people.
You will need to sit separately if you are from a different household.
You can mix together outside the venue before or after the class with up to six people from a different household.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are sitting in the correct place.
Other restrictions are :
- Always wear a mask when moving around the venue.
- Do not attend the class if have any symptoms related to COVID
- Do not attend the class if you have been in contact with anyone who has any symptoms related to COVID.
- Use hand sanitizer provided.
- Sign up to Track and Trace.
- Try to stay seated for the duration of the class.
More information on Local Covid Alert Guidance go to -
General Admission from 6.15 pm to 7.45 pm!
The event space will be open from 5 PM to 10 PM if you prefer to come early or stay late to be able to order food.
|18:15 - 19:45||£15.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.