A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and is home to Angel's most buzzing and beautiful…
Laugh Out London in Islington - John Robins
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London is back for 2019 with another night of excellent value alternative comedy.
Date: Monday 11th February
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £8 on the door
Yes Please! New Material from John Robins. As heard on the massively successful Elis James and John Robins podcast on Radio X and host of Beat the Internet on Dave.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Show Winner 2017
As seen on Mock the Week, Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central and Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled.
“Lays bare the limits of comedy with goosebump-inducing results” – ★★★★ Telegraph
“Robins fills the room with complicated joy” – ★★★★ Guardian
“He’s a cocky bugger onstage, is John Robins, but he can’t half back it up” – ★★★★1/2 Chortle
The last few years has seen the whole comedy world fall in love with Spencer Jones and his alter-ego The Herbert. Three Edinburgh shows that mixed props, clowning, mime and silliness have received was universal acclaimed, culminating in a Best Show nomination for this years “The Audition”. Appearances on Live at the Apollo, his own, soon to broadcast BBC sitcom “Mr Winner” and starring alongside David Mitchell Upstart Crow. He’s also won two UK Barry Award, Best Show at the Chortle awards. It’s impossible not to love him. Spencer joins us to try out some new bits and pieces
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Show Nominee 2017
“Unadulterated, dumb genius” – ★★★★1/2 – Chortle
“Riotously funny… touched with a baffling brilliance” – ★★★★ iNews
“A masterclass in clowning” – ★★★★★ Broadway Baby
“gleefully madcap comedy… The laughs keep coming” – ★★★★ The Guardian
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer Nominee 2017
Lauren received a huge tidal wave of critical praise for her assured debut in Edinburgh “Lady Muck” in 2017. She followed this up with a sold out run of her new show “Peachy”. As seen on ‘Comedy Central at the Comedy Store’ and supporting Katherine Ryan on tour.
“Confident but not cocky, she’s a breath of feisty fresh air. Catch her while you still can.” – ★★★★★ The Herald
“Razor wit and brutal honesty” – ★★★★★ The List
“a thoroughly assured debut that proves her to a fully-equipped comedian already” – ★★★★ Chortle
Wonderfully, play full and silly Elf is a graduate of the of L’Ecole Philippe Gaulier school (fellow alumnis include Doctor Brown and Sacha Baron Cohen) and was listed on the BBC New Talent Hot List 2017. Her Edinburgh show Swan landed har a nomination for Best Show that the Edinburgh Comedy Awards.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer Nominee 2018
Raised in Russia and America Olga’s debut show “Fight” is a remarkable story, told brilliantly which brought a Best newcomer Nomination.
★★★★ The Skinny
One of the best MC’s on the circuit and seen on BBC Three at the Fringe
“Fantastically funny” – The Times
“Proper star quality” – The Guardian
“You’d do well to catch him now before his inevitable jump to the big time” – The Telegraph
|Advanced||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. All sales final
14. Line up subject to change