A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
LAUGH OUT LONDON IN ANGEL - With TIM KEY
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London comedy club presents another night of excellent value alternative comedy in Islington headlined by TIME KEY, ably supported by a cavalcade of award winning heroes!
Date: Monday 10th June 2019
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £8 on the door
New material from Tim Key. You probably seen him as Alan Partridge’s put-upon sidekick, Sidekick Simon, in This Time with Alan Partridge, Mid-Morning Matters or Alpha Papa. Or maybe the final series of Peep Show, or contributing poems to Charlie Brooker’s Screenwipe, or the criminally underrated sketch show Cowards.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner 2009
“In any other sphere apart from comedy, we’d probably class this way of looking at the world as certifiable. Here it feels like genius” – Telegraph
“He’s a genius plain and simple”- Time Out
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer Nominee 2017
“There’s a disconcerting energy about Lucy Pearman, which makes it almost impossible not to laugh” – ★★★★ Scotsman
“gleefully silly… there’s an admirable self-assurance” – ★★★★ Fest
“engrossing…it might be very silly, the show captures the true spirit of what Edinburgh Fringe Festival is all about” – ★★★★ The Wee Review
Star of Viceland’s “Bobby And Harriet Get Married” and tour support for Katherine Ryan and Kerry Godliman, Harriet is one of the most original voices on the circuit. She has an honest, frank and funny approach to stand up. She also appeared on this year’s list of top 20 one liners for the Edinburgh Fringe in The Telegraph.
“Neurotic and squeaky and a little bit crazy but most definitely joyful” ★★★★ – Scotsman
“A very funny new stand up her style is refreshingly original and she’s a seriously good writer” – Time Out
Luke McQueen is a critically acclaimed, maverick of the Edinburgh fringe whose BBC series, The Luke McQueen Pilots, was nominated for a National Television Award.
‘Nervous laughs at the unpredictability of a lunatic merge into heartier guffaws for his bold set pieces, raw potency and inspired ideas’ Chortle
‘McQueen knows the rules of comedy and he enjoys burning them’ Broadway Baby
‘A monstrously overgrown baby that has burst free of its play-pen…McQueen makes the room crackle with life’ The Guardian
“A comic you should definitely see immediately is Luke McQueen… Impeccable timing and a grandmaster of chaos” Edinburgh Evening News
“To spend an hour when it feels like genuinely anything can happen is a real treat” The List
“A true maverick” The Scotsman
And more TBC!
|19:30 - 22:00||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.