A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London in Angel - Sofie Hagen
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London is back for with another night of excellent value alternative comedy headlined by the superb Sofie Hagen.
Date: Monday 9th April 2018
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £9 on the door
Winner Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer 2015
Winner 2014 Chortle Awards Best Newcomer
As seen/heard on the Made of Human podcast, The Guilty Feminist, The One Show, The Now Show and Live From The BBC.
“Hilarious… clever, touching and funny” ★★★★★ - The Mirror
“A charming show, if littered with unexpected filth” ★★★★ - Sunday Times
“Compelling, beautifully constructed”★★★★ -The Guardian
"Eye-catchingly odd and disarmingly honest" - The Independent
New material from the Star of his own BBC 3 sitcom Josh, and co-host of Channell 4’s The Last Leg. He has also been seen on BBC2's Mock the Week and QI, BBC1's Live at the Apollo and Have I Got News for You and ITV1's The Jonathan Ross Show and more!
“has the ability to find the sparkle in the mundane that puts him in line to be the next Sean Lock” - The Guardian
“the undisputed king of the exasperated petty gripe” – Evening Standard
Tour support for Tony Law, Josie Long, Frankie Boyle and Stewart Francis.
“Poster Girl for awkward” – Chortle
“Charm to spare, plenty of offbeat talent” -Telegraph
“Eleanor Morton is a delight – clever, inventive and super funny” – Josie Long’
Funny Women comedy award finalist, writer for Channel 4’s The Last Leg and 8 Out of 10 Cats and on of the Metro's 9 Hilarious Women To Look Out For.
“A clear audience favourite” - Chortle
“plenty of comic potential…. with gags going off at different, unexpected tangents. Jones has a natural wit and friendliness” - Beyond the Joke
MC: STUART LAWS
“Talking nonsense of the highest order… a chronically funny stand up” – Time Out
“It’s a confident performance of confident material…priceless” – Chortle
“Irritating stand up from an irritating man” – Broadway Baby
|Advanced||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.