A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
LAUGH OUT LONDON IN ANGEL - March 2020
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London comedy club returns for 2020 with year another night of excellent value comedy in Islington on a budget!
Date: Monday 9th March 2020
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £8 on the door
Janine Harouni is 'ready for her Netflix special' (The Times). She's quickly made a name for herself as one of the fastest rising newcomers on the UK circuit. In two years she's won an unprecedented six newcomer awards for both stand up and sketch comedy. Her debut hour Stand Up with Janine Harouni (Please Remain Seated) was nominated for Dave's Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer 2019, sold out its entire Edinburgh run in one week and received 5 and 4 star reviews across the board.
Freya Parker is an actor and comedian, and one half of Edinburgh Comedy Award-nominated Lazy Susan, with whom she has performed sold-out shows at the Edinburgh Fringe, Soho Theatre, and the Leicester Square Theatre, and in two series of their own BBC Radio 4 series EAST COAST LISTENING POST, as well as their own self-titled comedy short for BBC Two and iPlayer.
Bob (BBC Radio 4, BBC3, The Guilty Feminist) is a Texan now based in London whose comedy is pro-black, sex positive and will leave a funny taste in your mouth.
"Kemah Bob is a hilarious, intelligent and unique voice for our time. She's already great and she's going to be big." -Deborah Francis-White, The Guilty Feminist
“Kemah’s material is flawless. She talks about being an American, a woman of colour, growing up in Texas and being queer, all while deconstructing the audience’s prejudice.” - Funny Women
A well-respected journeyman on the comedy circuit, Jack has bumped mics with the best of them. Tucker (Jack) is a bonafide legend in the Upstate New York regional standup comedy scene who’s sold out all over the world, from New York to Manhattan to Brooklyn. Ask any comedian, they’ll all say the same thing: Jackie is a powerhouse superstar rock star.
‘A RAUCOUSLY HILARIOUS 60 MINUTES.’ ★★★★½ Chortle
Critically acclaimed Sean Morley joins us to MC. Morley, of excellently received, genre-busting Fringe shows in 2018 and 2019, blends high concept strangeness and expert improvisation to make him one of the most exciting and unique acts on the circuit.
Nominated Best Show at Leicester Comedy Festival 2017.
“If you like your comedy with a brain with subtle layers of ingenuity, there are not many who can rival Sean” – ★★★★ ½ Short Com
“A feast for any comedy lover who has a taste for the strange and absurd” – ★★★★ The Skinny
Lineups subject to change...
|19:30 - 22:00||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.