A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and is home to Angel's most buzzing and beautiful…
Laugh Out London In Angel - Bridget Christie
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to The Old Queen’s Head in Islington with another excellent bill headlined by BRIDGET CHRISTIE.
Date: Monday 27th February 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
WINNER of Best Show at the Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2013.
Very simply one of the finest stand-ups around. Last years Edinburgh show was according to Bridget supposed to be about her garden. However the EU referendum forced a rewrite which became one of the best review shows of the year and The Guardian’s number 1 comedy show of 2016. You may have seen her on Have I Got News for You, Star of BBC Radio 4’s Bridget Christie Minds the Gap, BBC2’s It’s Kevin, and Comedy Central’s Alternative Comedy Experience.
“The most electrifying comedy I’ve yet seen on the fringe” ***** - The Guardian
“Hilarious, heartfelt and on-point... you couldn’t hope for a more angrily eloquent mouthpiece than Christie” - ****½ Chortle
“A cherishable comedian”- Telegraph
“Queen of satire” - Evening Standard
***** – The Independent, *****– The Skinny
Yes Please! Co-host of the superb Elis James & John Robins show on Radio X, John is an excellent stand up with seven Edinburgh hours under his belt. Delightfully self assured yet self deprecating. John has appeared on Mock the Week, Russell Howard’s Stand Up Central and Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled.
“He’s a cocky bugger onstage, is John Robins, but he can’t half back it up” – ****1/2 Chortle
“Humane, interesting and consistently funny” – **** The Independent
“One of the most naturally gifted comedians I’ve seen” – Telegraph
A Multi-talented high energy act whose Edinburgh show last year earned her an award a best newcomer nomination. Jayde has previously won the Funny Women competition in 2014 as well as starring in her own Sky comedy short for Halloween.
Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Newcomer Nominee 2016
“a highly original voice and is unafraid to mix lowbrow, explicit anecdotes with the emotionally intimate’ ***** - Three Weeks
"Fearless force of nature" - The Independent
Pioneering alternative comic who is a key figure in the Weirdos Comedy group and won the 2015 Malcolm Hardee Award for comic originality.
“great, crazy, never to be forgotten comedy” - **** The Scotsman
“a ramshackle, surrealist delight” - **** The Skinny
“Big, bold and dumb” -Chortle
An up and coming comic who’s absurd style has won him a place in the 2017 final of the prestigious New Act Of The Year Award (Formerly the Hackney empire). He’s one to get excited about.
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.