A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London in Angel - Brian Gittins
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to our flagship venue in Islington to bring you another night of eclectic comedy to brighten your Monday, headlined by one of alternative comedy's finest characters BRIAN GITTINS.
Date: Monday 22nd May 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
David Earl’s creation is one of the most praised character acts around. Fans of this small town cab driver include Stewart Lee and Ricky Gervais. He’s seen on Derek (Channel 4), Gittins (Channel 4), Cumbo (Channel 4), Extras (BBC), star and co-writer of Rovers (Sky 1).
Chortle Award Character Act nominee 2013 & 2014
“One of the best comedy characters of the decade” - Ricky Gervais
“A true original, and breathtakingly funny with it” - The Guardian
“Very funny and horrifically distressing” - The Independent
“The world's worst stand up comedian” - Sussex Argus
In 2009 after only eight months of performing Ivo won So You Think You’re Funny New Act Award at the Edinburgh Fringe, He’s not looked back since. He’s gone on to appear on Live At The Apollo, Mock the week, Comedy Central at The Comedy Store, Alan Davies’ As Yet Untitled and Live From the BBC.
“He tackles his choice of subjects with an intelligent, eloquent wit, and is wonderfully self-aware about his lack of life experience” ★★★★ – Time Out
“The intelligence and maturity of Ivo Graham is remarkable”★★★★ – Three Weeks
“Honed to within a whisker of perfection … a joyous show” - ★★★★ Evening Standard
Brilliant Australian comic who is known for her about to take on to take on serious subjects such as mental health and inject them with laughs. Telly appearances include Live From the BBC, Russell Howard’s Good News and Alan Davies’ As Yet Untitled.
Winner: Best international show New Zealand comedy festival 2016
Chortle Awards Best Club Comic nominee 2016
“sharp, upbeat and self-mocking” ★★★★ – Guardian
“an engaging storyteller” ★★★★ – TimeOut
“a garishly colourful tapestry of pin-sharp comic observations… so beautifully woven together” – ★★★★★ The list
“with her command of high-octane performance… her potent mix of the absurd and the profound, and her deft anecdotal wit, Ward delivers” – ★★★★ Chortle
Sharp comic who brings stand up ranges from politics, philosophy and some wonderful gags. His 2016 Edinburgh show Machines was an enormous hit on the free fringe packing out his venue on a daily basis. He has also written for Skins on Channel 4 and for Radio 4 (The News Quiz and Newsjack), plus appeared on Live at the Electric and Set List.
Best Show- Leicester Comedy Festival 2014
"Shah’s is a voice that’s well worth listening to" - ★★★★ The Guardian
"Burning passion at his fingertips and the gags to back up his fire" - ★★★★★ The List
"Dizzying in the breadth of its exploration …. eloquent articulacy conveying often complex ideas in pithy, grimly funny lines" - ★★★★ The Scotsman
|Advance||19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Line up is subject to change, notice will be given if possible.