A lively and lovely neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London in Angel - Angelos Epithemiou
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to the Old Queen’s Head in Angel with another night of alternative comedy at an outstanding price.
Date: Monday 12th November 2018
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £8 on the door
Star of “Shooting Stars” (BBC2), “Dave’s One Night Stand” and Channel 4’s “The Angelos Epithemiou Show”.
The comic creation of Dan Skinner, Angelos is perhaps the best know cafe owner and plastic bag enthusiast in comedy.
"Brilliantly executed anti-comedy shtick. Jokes he doesn’t understand, songs he doesn’t know the lyrics of, and an inability to show any positive emotion makes Dan Skinner’s creation beautifully distinctive" Chortle
Winner British Comedy Awards Best Comedy Breakthrough Artist 2011
WINNER Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer 2014
“Superbly judged, paced and weighted material… You see people who have been on the road for 15 years who are not this good” ★★★★★-The Mirror
“this American youngster inevitably has a bright future ahead of him” ★★★★– TimeOut
“I should imagine he’s going to be in demand on both sides of the Atlantic” ★★★★ – Bruce Dessau
Edinburgh Comedy Award Best Newcomer Nominee 2018
A bit favourite of ours who’s debut hour “Dark Horse” was one of the smash hits of the Fringe in 2018.
“She’s completely at ease and control on stage… heartwarming yet not cloying, and political powerful yet not preachy, not to mention extremely funny.” – ★★★★ 1/2 Chortle
“Killer routines aplenty” – ★★★★ The List
“Powerful, poignant and achingly funny stuff” – ★★★★★ The Herald
★★★★ The Times
Star of Channel 4’s Friday Night Dinner, ITV’s Plebs. As seen on Drunk History, Horrible Histories and Broadchurch (he probably wasn’t being funny in that).
“Talented upcoming star” – ★★★★ Time Out
“A clever comic who’s never afraid to look cocksure in the name of humour” -The Guardian
|Advanced||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
44 Essex Road, Angel N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. Line up Subject to change