Welcome to the wonderful world of The Rah Rah Room, formerly the iconic Pigalle Club in London’s salubrious St James, Piccadilly. This beautiful late night London venue is the original supper club, where the world's most famous artists performed and was home to London’s party elite. Bringing back…
Courtney Act - Dashing Through the Divas - Late Show!
Courtney Act’s DASHING THROUGH THE DIVAS! Holiday Show
Following a swiftly sold out first show, The Rah Rah Room has now added a second late show of Courtney Act's fabulous, festive exclusive show! Join Aussie diva, Courtney Act, as she carols through all of your favorite, festive divas. Songs from the Holiday albums of such grand dammes as Barbara Streisand, Mariah Carey, Rosemary Clooney, Peggy Lee, Bette Midler, and a bevy of other boys and girls!
Gender is at the forefront of pop culture, the world is awakening to the idea that everything may not just be black and white. Courtney Act is an emerging artist who captures this zeitgeist. She breaks the rules and lives life on the gender divide, sometimes as a girl, and sometimes as a boy. She’ a pop star in the making for the new generation that is beyond labels.
This summer Courtney is releasing her debut EP, Kaleidoscope. She has teased with 6 previous single releases, including entries in the Billboard, ARIA and iTunes charts. Her videos have racked up over 12 million views on YouTube and her Kickstarter for the EP broke through its funding goal in under a week. She’s been in the studio, on and off, for the last two years writing with Sam Sparro (Black & Gold), Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters), The Prodigal & Chris Arnott to create this commercial electro/pop release with tones of Tov Lo, Kylie & Robyn. The EP explores the themes of gender, sexuality, self expression and of course this girl also just wants to have fun.
Courtney broke out of the box in 2003 when she was the first openly queer and gender diverse contests on talent reality show in the world. Sydney boy, Shane Jenek, auditioned for the first season of Australian Idol. Not quite making the cut he bent the rules and his gender, returning the next day as Courtney Act and made it through to the semifinals. She was signed to Sony/BMG and embarked on a national arena tour with her fellow Idols.
Growing up in Australia, Courtney now lives in Los Angeles and has spent the last year touring North American, Australian the UK & Europe in the wake of being top 3 on RuPaul’s Drag Race.
She’s a Prius driving, vegan, pansexual, polyamorous, genderqueer, hippy child who is passionate about human rights, the environment and James Franco whom she one day hopes to marry. She loves going to Burning Man, her current favorite app is Periscope and her right testicle once popped out on stage. She also has a webbed toe.
Unreserved theatre seating
Unreserved standing slightly restricted view
|19:30 - 03:00||£15.00|
Premium Booth Seats Stage Level
|19:30 - 03:00||£20.00|
Front Row Meet & Greet Tickets
Front row tickets to the show, plus a meet and greet with Courtney.
|18:30 - 03:00||£45.00|
215-217 Piccadilly W1J 9HN
Piccadilly Circus (Tube)
215-217 Piccadilly W1J 9HN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.