The Prince of Wales pub & POW form a large music venue with two-tier outdoor roof terrace in Brixton. A great location for late night drinking and dancing. Our 1920s Art Deco dancehall has a sprung wooden dancefloor and a banging sound system with heavyweight bass to get your rump shaking. Dance…
Weekly Live Jazz In Brixton - With Mark Kavuma And The Banger Factory
POW Brixton is announcing a new live jazz residency in our renovated club space salon every Wednesday.
A rotation of guests will join the acclaimed collective The Banger Factory headed up by trumpeter Mark Kavuma.
After years of packing out our pub with a weekly residency, Mark Kavuma and The Banger factory have gone on to gain serious respect and much deserved attention amongst both the Jazz world and the wider music world, selling out gigs at spots like Ronnie Scotts, the Barbican, EFG London Jazz Festival and the Jazz Cafe and featured in the likes of Boiler Room to JazzWise magazine and beyond.
The collectives style is contingent upon bringing good times to the people. It’s new school mixed with old school.
The Outfit is lead by Ugandan born Mark Kavuma , who explores original material, gets people moving and features some of the most gifted, engaging and masterful musicians on the scene today including the likes of Deschanel Gordon who won the BBC Young Musician Of The Year Award 2020.
Booze, food, and good times all available.
Early Bird Tickets priced at £5 per person
7pm - doors
8pm-12am - Mark Kavuma and The Banger Factory
|Wednesday 22nd September 2021|
|Wednesday 29th September 2021|
|Wednesday 06th October 2021|
|Wednesday 13th October 2021|
|Wednesday 20th October 2021|
|Wednesday 27th October 2021|
|Wednesday 03rd November 2021|
|Wednesday 10th November 2021|
|Wednesday 17th November 2021|
|Wednesday 24th November 2021|
|Wednesday 01st December 2021|
|Wednesday 08th December 2021|
|Wednesday 15th December 2021|
|Wednesday 22nd December 2021|
|Wednesday 29th December 2021|
|Wednesday 05th January 2022|
|Wednesday 12th January 2022|
|Wednesday 19th January 2022|
|Wednesday 26th January 2022|
|Wednesday 02nd February 2022|
|Wednesday 09th February 2022|
|Wednesday 16th February 2022|
|Wednesday 23rd February 2022|
|Wednesday 02nd March 2022|
|Wednesday 09th March 2022|
|Wednesday 16th March 2022|
|Wednesday 23rd March 2022|
|Wednesday 30th March 2022|
|Wednesday 06th April 2022|
|Wednesday 13th April 2022|
|Wednesday 20th April 2022|
|Wednesday 27th April 2022|
|Wednesday 04th May 2022|
|Wednesday 11th May 2022|
|Wednesday 18th May 2022|
|Wednesday 25th May 2022|
|Wednesday 01st June 2022|
|Wednesday 08th June 2022|
|Wednesday 15th June 2022|
|Wednesday 22nd June 2022|
|Wednesday 29th June 2022|
|Wednesday 06th July 2022|
|Wednesday 13th July 2022|
|Wednesday 20th July 2022|
|Wednesday 27th July 2022|
|Wednesday 03rd August 2022|
|Wednesday 10th August 2022|
|Wednesday 17th August 2022|
|Wednesday 24th August 2022|
|Wednesday 31st August 2022|
|Wednesday 07th September 2022|
|Wednesday 14th September 2022|
467-469, Brixton Road, SW9 8HH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.