The POW Brixton pub, club and terrace forms one of South London’s largest live music venues with a two-tier outdoor roof terrace. A great location for late night drinking and dancing. POW’s 1920s Art Deco dancehall has a sprung wooden dancefloor and a banging sound system with heavyweight bass…
Weekly Live Jazz In Brixton - With Mark Kavuma And The Banger Factory
- The Prince of Wales Brixton
POW Brixton is announcing a new live jazz residency in our renovated club space salon every Wednesday.
A rotation of guests will join the acclaimed collective The Banger Factory headed up by trumpeter Mark Kavuma.
After years of packing out our pub with a weekly residency, Mark Kavuma and The Banger factory have gone on to gain serious respect and much deserved attention amongst both the Jazz world and the wider music world, selling out gigs at spots like Ronnie Scotts, the Barbican, EFG London Jazz Festival and the Jazz Cafe and featured in the likes of Boiler Room to JazzWise magazine and beyond.
The collectives style is contingent upon bringing good times to the people. It’s new school mixed with old school.
The Outfit is lead by Ugandan born Mark Kavuma , who explores original material, gets people moving and features some of the most gifted, engaging and masterful musicians on the scene today including the likes of Deschanel Gordon who won the BBC Young Musician Of The Year Award 2020.
Booze, food, and good times all available.
Early Bird Tickets priced at £5 per person
7pm - doors
8pm-12am - Mark Kavuma and The Banger Factory
|Wednesday 17th August 2022|
|Wednesday 24th August 2022|
|Wednesday 31st August 2022|
|Wednesday 07th September 2022|
|Wednesday 14th September 2022|
|Wednesday 21st September 2022|
|Wednesday 28th September 2022|
|Wednesday 05th October 2022|
|Wednesday 12th October 2022|
|Wednesday 19th October 2022|
|Wednesday 26th October 2022|
|Wednesday 02nd November 2022|
|Wednesday 09th November 2022|
|Wednesday 16th November 2022|
|Wednesday 23rd November 2022|
|Wednesday 30th November 2022|
|Wednesday 07th December 2022|
|Wednesday 14th December 2022|
|Wednesday 21st December 2022|
|Wednesday 28th December 2022|
|Wednesday 04th January 2023|
|Wednesday 11th January 2023|
|Wednesday 18th January 2023|
|Wednesday 25th January 2023|
|Wednesday 01st February 2023|
|Wednesday 08th February 2023|
|Wednesday 15th February 2023|
|Wednesday 22nd February 2023|
|Wednesday 01st March 2023|
|Wednesday 08th March 2023|
|Wednesday 15th March 2023|
|Wednesday 22nd March 2023|
|Wednesday 29th March 2023|
|Wednesday 05th April 2023|
|Wednesday 12th April 2023|
|Wednesday 19th April 2023|
|Wednesday 26th April 2023|
|Wednesday 03rd May 2023|
|Wednesday 10th May 2023|
|Wednesday 17th May 2023|
|Wednesday 24th May 2023|
|Wednesday 31st May 2023|
|Wednesday 07th June 2023|
|Wednesday 14th June 2023|
|Wednesday 21st June 2023|
|Wednesday 28th June 2023|
|Wednesday 05th July 2023|
|Wednesday 12th July 2023|
|Wednesday 19th July 2023|
|Wednesday 26th July 2023|
|Wednesday 02nd August 2023|
|Wednesday 09th August 2023|
467-469, Brixton Road, SW9 8HH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.