The Book Club is an all day venue for every taste, crafting masterful cocktails with a good selection of wines and a quite wide range of food. You can have something as cheap as chips or decide to share a platter; however hungry you are, The Book Club will be provide something suitable. The space is…
The Book Club Host Neon Naked Life Drawing Class
- No reviews.
- The Book Club
Neon Naked Life Drawing is back at the Book Club. An awesome venue in the heart of East London.
Draw with Neon Pastels in Ultra Violet Light.
Join us at The Book Club for an evening of vibrant artistic fun to a life drawing class like no other using neon reactive arts materials to an inspiring fluoro life model.
This class explores creative drawing, moving away from the perfectionist traditional teachings of life drawing. By trying out a number of different image-making techniques from continuous line to pointillism the artists are encouraged to think outside the box and create more unusual imagery.
As described in TimeOut Magazine as 'It might look like a Full Moon party, but this evening of sketching is an experiment in light, colour and texture. The models become ‘living sculptures’ covered in UV lights and reactive body paints. Trippy.'
Neon Naked is a new and unique life drawing experience that specialises in creating unusual and creative designs by using vibrant and bold living sculptures. By combining an industrial UV light and reactive body paints with hand crafted flamboyant accessories it's easy to get the creative juices flowing.
The class starts off with some quick and fun drawing exercises to get you warmed up. Then goes into longer drawing times with more exciting life images, experimenting with colour, light and texture.
Art supplies are provided however please feel free to bring your own. With essentials such as pencil, paper and drawing boards but also you can use the fluorescent glowing neon pastels and pens to really make your art pop!
No artistic experience needed. Drawing in UV is completely different to normal and the class is taught so that you produce more creative, abstract images full of vibrant colours and unusual mark-making.
It's fun and friendly with a chilled out atmosphere.
A great affordable evening out if you want to try something new, great for a blind date or to spend time with the guys from work.
All designs and accessories are created by Jylle Navarro who has been specialising in UV reactive materials and performance art for many years.
The Book Club is described by Time Out as 'it doesn’t sound like a place for an exciting night out, but behind the sedate name is one of the most consistently creative bars in London. The Book Club is a popular, laid back, lived-in basement bar that originally helped Hoxton earn its hip title, and in intervening years little has changed down in the basement, which remains plain and comfortable.'
For more information on the venue go to - https://www.wearetbc.com/
|General.||19:00 - 21:00||£16.00|
100, Leonard Street, EC2A 4RH
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.