The Funny Side of Shoreditch is hosted at 'Floripa' a brand new venue in Shoreditch where Brazil and London come together in a hedonistic bohemian cultural fusion. Monthly on Wednesdays.
The very best in stand-up this Wednesday featuring Hari Sriskantha, Yianni Agisilaou, Josh Howie and Zoe Lyons.
Zoe Lyons - "A razor-sharp talent" - The Scotsman
Zoë created a huge buzz on the comedy circuit in 2004 when she won the 'Babycham Funny Women Award' and reached the finals of Channel 4's 'So You Think You're Funny Award' in the same year. She is now a highly sought after act on both the national and international circuit. Zoë takes a sideways view of life, picking out the many absurdities and turning them into hilarious routines which she delivers with tremendous energy, drawing on her acting skills to provide a kaleidoscope of voices and faces throughout the act. She also demonstrated to the nation her ability to laugh in the face of adversity, as a contestant on ITV's 'Survivor!' where she ate a rat and lived to tell the tale.
Josh Howie - "Very smart and hugely sophisticated" - Chortle.co.uk
Josh is the son of legendary PR guru Lynne Franks, the woman who inspired Jennifer Saunders' character Edina in Absolutely Fabulous. Raised as a Buddhist this ex-public schoolboy then trained as a Rabbi before being kicked off the programme for being caught with a naked (non-Jewish) girl. He started his own PR firm when he was just 16 and has had a number of senior roles in music video production companies. Now he's decided to settle down and get a proper job as a stand-up comedian. Since then he has become one of the hottest stars on the comedy circuit with his incisive wit and social comment.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.