Head to The Courtesan to delight in the fineries of Imperial China and indulge in their new speakeasy, now open late on the weekends, with DJ's, live music and performance on Friday and Saturday nights till 2am. The venue is a Dim Sum restaurant and late-night cocktail bar hidden among the crux of Brixton…
EDINBURGH FRINGE COMEDY NIGHT PREVIEW
- No reviews.
- The Courtesan
Brixton's Courtesan Launches Comedy Night with Edinburgh Fringe Previews!
This summer, Courtesan is delighted to host rising female stars of the UK comedy scene, right here in Brixton. Every Tuesday we'll be featuring Edinburgh preview shows from top local comediennes.
LAURA LEXX: Trying
Laura Lexx is an award winning stand-up comedian who puts on such gloriously uplifting shows that a reviewer once couldn't help but say “One can only hope there’s some life altering catastrophe around the corner for Lexx”. (BroadwayBaby 2015). Luckily, life can't always rumble along quietly and in 2016 everyone's favourite comic, who has “superb material, brilliant delivery and irresistible personality” (****TV Bomb), had a breakdown. Hooray.
Who better than "the most delightful performer you're ever likely to meet" (GQ) to talk you through anxiety, depression, infertility, camping and getting better.
“It’s difficult to see what will stop her success” The Skinny
“a joy” (Independent). “real comedic steel” (Guardian)
Comics’ Comic MC Award Winner 2017
ELF LYONS: ChiffChaff
The Edinburgh Comedy Award nominee (Best Show 2017) presents her one-woman musical about the economy. You read that right. Let’s get fiscal. The queen of clown is back and she’s making the dismal science fun with a whole orchestra and an Invisible Hand. BBC New Talent Hotlist 2017. Fringe World Best Comedy Show 2018 nominee. British Vogue's '20 Names of Now'. 'A fast talking, smart-thinking stand-up for whom the adjective 'kooky' could have been invented for' (Guardian). 'Hysterical tour de force' ***** (ThreeWeeks). 'A fantastic comedic success' **** (Fest). **** (Scotsman).
Edinburgh Fringe Preview
Comedy: Juliet Myers & Sally-Anne Hayward
69 - 73 Atlantic Road SW9 8PU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.