Head to The Courtesan to delight in the fineries of Imperial China and indulge in their new speakeasy, now open late on the weekends, with DJ's, live music and performance on Friday and Saturday nights till 2am. The venue is a Dim Sum restaurant and late-night cocktail bar hidden among the crux of Brixton…
EDINBURGH FRINGE COMEDY NIGHT PREVIEW
- No reviews.
- The Courtesan
Brixton's Courtesan Launches Comedy Night with Edinburgh Fringe Previews!
This summer, Courtesan is delighted to host rising female stars of the UK comedy scene, right here in Brixton. Every Tuesday we'll be featuring Edinburgh preview shows from top local comediennes. Come for the comedy, stay for the fantastic drinks and dim sum.
Harriet Braine's Apocalibrary
A work-in-progress musical comedy show set in a library at the end of the world. Well, sort of. Trump has decided that literally breaking the internet is the only way he can stop people being mean to him. Braine, as government-appointed Apocalibrarian, must now accept enquiries from frightened and confused members of the community (ie idiots). She is their Google, their Wikipedia, their last hope for answers. Winner Funny Women Award 2016. Praise for Harriet's 2017 debut: 'Immense talent' **** (Entertainment-Focus.com). 'A gifted musical chameleon' (BeyondTheJoke.co.uk). Winner Buxton Fringe Comedy Award and finalist Amused Moose Comedy Award.
HARRIET KEMSLEY: Slutty Joan
Multi award-winning comic Harriet Kemsley pulls her skirt out of her pants and shames slut shaming.
In a Cornell University study women rated fictional female peer, Joan, as emotionally unstable and less competent because she was sexually promiscuous. If Joan wasn't fictional her name would be Harriet Kemsley and in this deeply personal show Harriet delves into her sexual history. Star of Bobby and Harriet Get Married, Comedy Central’s Roast Battle and Katherine Ryan Tour support. 'A quirky, refreshingly charming comedian at the dawn of her TV career' (Radio Times). 'Joyful’ **** (Scotsman). ‘Effervescent’ **** (EdFestMag.com).
Edinburgh Fringe Preview
Comedy: Juliet Myers & Sally-Anne Hayward
69 - 73 Atlantic Road SW9 8PU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.