Ninety One Living Room is a jazz club and cocktail bar with late night music events located at the Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane. Ninety One was based on the idea of an idealistic living room: a good-looking space to kick back and work during the day, dine in the evening, and party into the night…
The Big Beat: Live Jazz Jam with Mark Kavuma
- No reviews.
- Ninety One Living Room
We are delighted to announce a new weekly night with the exceptionally awesome Mark Kavuma!
Don't forget to book your table for dinner to make the most of our £10 burger+drink deal! (vegan options available)
Then sit back and enjoy some beautiful music in our intimate Shoreditch living room.
Born and partly raised in Uganda, Mark Kavuma is a prominent young trumpet player on the British jazz scene. Leading his own Quartet, the 'Floor Rippers' house band and 'The Banger Factory', as well as playing with Jean Toussaint's Young Lions, Jazz Jamaica and also one of the brass leaders at London based carnival band Kinetika Bloco.
In 2012 Mark was featured as Guest soloist with Wynton Marsalis and Jazz at Lincoln Centre Orchestra having been voted best soloist at the very first 'Essentially Ellington' competition in the UK.
2013 saw Mark involved in the national theatre's production of the Amen Corner, got the opportunity to play with the great Mulatu Astatke, played a support slot for Wayne Shorter at the Barbican (London jazz festival) with A quintet Mark co-leads with Ruben Fox(sax) and also featured on trumpet in the 'El Train', Hoxton Hall (directed by Sam Yates and Ruth Wilson). In 2014 Mark toured the world featuring in Peter Brooke's production of 'The Suit' and in 2015 he went on the road with the legendary Salif Keita and Les Ambassaduers.
In 2016 Mark got another opportunity to play as guest soloist with Wynton Marsalis and Jazz at Lincoln Centre Orchestra performing the Gershwin songbook at the Barbican, before resuming his studies at Trinity College of music. He Featured in Hoagy B Carmichael's production of 'This Joint Is Jumpin' at the Other Palace Theatre (2017) before starting to work on his debut album which was released in 2018 on Ubuntu. Mark's second album, The Banger Factory, also on Ubuntu, was released in July 2019 and has received high critical acclaim both nationally and internationally.
Mark's 6 pieces band will be jamming it out every Wednesday from 8pm until late so join the party…
Mark Kavuma – Trumpet
Mussinghi Brian Edwards – Tenor Saxophone
Artie Zaitz – Guitar
David Mrakpor – Vibraphone
Michael Shrimpling – Double Bass
William Cleasby – Drums
Accompanying Mark Kavuma we have Jake Zaitz offering his highly coveted collection of tunes on the turntables until late
8pm – Mark Kavuma band
DJ Jake Zaitz until late
|Wednesday 23rd June 2021|
|Wednesday 30th June 2021|
|Wednesday 07th July 2021|
|Wednesday 14th July 2021|
|Wednesday 21st July 2021|
|Wednesday 28th July 2021|
|Wednesday 04th August 2021|
|Wednesday 11th August 2021|
|Wednesday 18th August 2021|
|Wednesday 25th August 2021|
|Wednesday 01st September 2021|
|Wednesday 08th September 2021|
|Wednesday 15th September 2021|
|Wednesday 22nd September 2021|
|Wednesday 29th September 2021|
|Wednesday 06th October 2021|
|Wednesday 13th October 2021|
|Wednesday 20th October 2021|
|Wednesday 27th October 2021|
|Wednesday 03rd November 2021|
|Wednesday 10th November 2021|
|Wednesday 17th November 2021|
|Wednesday 24th November 2021|
|Wednesday 01st December 2021|
|Wednesday 08th December 2021|
|Wednesday 15th December 2021|
|Wednesday 22nd December 2021|
|Wednesday 29th December 2021|
|Wednesday 05th January 2022|
|Wednesday 12th January 2022|
|Wednesday 19th January 2022|
|Wednesday 26th January 2022|
|Wednesday 02nd February 2022|
|Wednesday 09th February 2022|
|Wednesday 16th February 2022|
|Wednesday 23rd February 2022|
|Wednesday 02nd March 2022|
|Wednesday 09th March 2022|
|Wednesday 16th March 2022|
|Wednesday 23rd March 2022|
|Wednesday 30th March 2022|
|Wednesday 06th April 2022|
|Wednesday 13th April 2022|
|Wednesday 20th April 2022|
|Wednesday 27th April 2022|
|Wednesday 04th May 2022|
|Wednesday 11th May 2022|
|Wednesday 18th May 2022|
|Wednesday 25th May 2022|
|Wednesday 01st June 2022|
|Wednesday 08th June 2022|
|Wednesday 15th June 2022|
|Wednesday 22nd June 2022|
Ninety One Living Room, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.