Ninety One Living Room is a jazz club and cocktail bar with late night music events located at the Truman Brewery at 91 Brick Lane. Ninety One was based on the idea of an idealistic living room: a good-looking space to kick back and work during the day, dine in the evening, and party into the night…
Jazz Lates: Heidi Vogel
- No reviews.
- Ninety One Living Room
Jazz Lates is a series of intimate Jazz events that take place in our wonderful living room. On Saturday 25th of September it is with great pleasure that we welcome Heidi Vogel to the living room stage.
ABOUT THE ARTIST
Vocalist with The Cinematic Orchestra since 2006, Heidi appears on their albums ” To Believe “ , “Live at the Royal Albert Hall “, “ Late Night Tales “ and has opened for Erykah Badu in Dubai, performed at Montreux Jazz festival for Quincy Jones and appeared live on The Jimmy Kimmel Show on ABC , as well as performing at The Sydney Opera House and with The Krakow Symphony Orchestra , The Heritage Orchestra, The London Metropolitan Orchestra. Heidi performed with The Cinematic Orchestra concluding a 2019 USA tour at the prestigous Los Angeles Walt Disney Hall where she performed with Patrick Watson, Moses Sumney, and Miguel Atwood Ferguson.
Heidi has also performed at festivals such as: Cape Town Jazz Festival, Sonar Japan, Fuji Rock, Coachella, Glastonbury, North Sea Jazz Festival, Montreal Jazz Festival, Blue Note Jazz Festival, New York Film Festival, Central Park Summerstage, BBC 6 Music Festival. Heidi performed as a soloist for the 2019 BBC Proms at The Royal Albert Hall for a recital of The Sacred Music of Duke Ellington. Heidi’s performance with pianist Monty Alexander received rave reviews.
She has also performed/recorded with: Thundercat, Cleveland Watkiss, Banda Black Rio, Simoninha, The Brand New Heavies, 'Lil Louie Vega, Bobby Mcferrin, Isaac Hayes, Austin Peralta, Ig Culture, Sean Khan for his album with Hermeto Pascoal, F-ire Big Band, Alex Wilson Salsa Orchestra, Chick Corea, Shlomo, Eska, Soweto Kinch, Tawiah, Roots Manuva, Ty, Terry Walker to name just a few.
Heidi's debut album "Turn up the Quiet", received impressive reviews from Jazz Wise Magazine, Jazz Times Magazine, as well as support from Jamie Cullum, Benji B, Osunlade and many others. The album presents Heidi performing Brazilian Bossa nova and jazz classics. A contrast to her work in EDM house classics, as well as broken beat, hip hop and drum and bass.
“...Surely one of the great jazz voices of modern times...” - Vamos London
“...She’s got an extraordinary voice....an incredible range to her voice and such a texture to it as well. You’ll really enjoy the album, keep an eye out for Heidi Vogel” – Jamie Cullum (BBC Radio 2)
“...From her towering opening performance, Heidi Vogel says everything in the right key.... Vogel’s voice is an extraordinarily rich and complex instrument, one that you can easily fall in love with...” – Jazzwise Magazine
“...Vogel's extraordinarily rich and complex vocal timbre proved capable of completely seducing the senses... such that she can lift the soul while simultaneously breaking your heart” - The Arts Desk
“...It is an approach that intensifies masterworks by Jobim, Vinicius de Moraes, Gilberto Gil and Ivan Lins, better than any interpreter since Elis Regina. Vogel captures an intimacy that is less romantic than conspiratorial – whispered secrets and shared confidences rather than pillow talk.” – Jazz Times
“...This one is a charismatic brown-skinned Londoner with a sunny smile and a glorious voice that invests soul into everything she sings. When she hits a note just right, her throat swells open to deliver a mighty, vibrato-rich note with a life of its own.” - The Evening Standard
“...But it was Heidi Vogel who stole the show. She bellowed out with a voice made from Mountains and oceans, while every last drop of emotion was wrung’” - The Evening Standard (The Royal Albert Hall)
“...Heidi Vogel’s soaring vocals send goosebumps down the spine.....a standout moment when Vogel takes the stage.” - The Evening Standard (Brixton Academy)
“...Come Sunday, an old favourite, interpreted by the sultry Heidi Vogel was a genuine treat. Why Vogel, a wonderfully versatile performer wasn’t used on more of the pieces is a mystery.... - The Sunday Times - (The Royal Albert Hall BBC Proms)
“...Vogel's brilliant diversity, marks her out as a rarity amongst British musicians, her solo debut dazzles in its meticulous delivery and slow-burning yet resounding bright fuse." - Sounds and Colours
"...This song bird outsings a nightingale any day.... Vogel's voice is one in a million....The most exquisite, beautiful, sensational album by a female vocalist in a very long time." - Rainlore's World of Music
"....A voice that comes from the deepest places of the heart." - Jungle Drums Magazine
“...I defy anyone not to fall into Heidi Vogel's deeply soulful, sometimes fragile but always gorgeous voice.” - Ian Shaw
“...Classic and traditionally beautiful!” – Osunlade (Yoruba Records)
"....Vogel’s controlled flights of fancy held the attention.” - The Financial Times (The Barbican)
SECONDARY ACT: DJ GREEN PAPI
With over 20 years of experience, Green Papi's DJ set has come to prominence with an eclectic selection of mainstream and throwback grooves seasoned with the heady essence of his Latin/Caribbean roots. Get ready to dance to the sound of throwback jazzy-funky party classics, ’80s, ’90s, afrobeat and much more.
|Regular||21:00 - 01:30||£10.00|
Under 26 years old and/or students (with a valid student ID)
|21:00 - 01:30||£5.00|
Ninety One Living Room, 91 Brick Lane, E1 6QL
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.