Established in 1953, the Bethnal Green Working Men's Club, east London has been providing nothing but fun and quirky nights since. Just east of Shoreditch, they organise diverse social nights that are sometimes racy, sometimes cultural and always memorable. These have been known to include; book clubs…
Disco 54: Bowie Blowout!
- No reviews.
- Bethnal Green Working Men's Club
'54 returns with another dose of delectable disco goodness on Sat 21st January and this time we pay homage to the legend that was David Bowie!
Like a moon-age daydream... Disco 54 will pay tribute to the Big Man with ethereal sounds and visions.... boundary blurring live acts and all the usual Disco '54 fun you've come to expect.
Let's start the New Year with a bang and party as we mean to go on Disco Cats and Diamond Dogs!
Calling all YOU creatures of the night; space oddities and starmen - Get ready to move your body baby, to dance all night... just feel the groove and you'll be alright!
Dress in your disco Bowie Best!! We have always encouraged Bowie-esque creations... now it's time to go even harder! We wanna see some strong looks on the dancefloor! We're not talking Full-on fancy dress - but take inspiration from the style God + channel the man himself! Whether Thin White Duke... Major Tom or you're feeling Rebel Rebel - Think Studio 54 Bowie Realness, Soul Train, self expression and a sprinkling of stardust! (of course)...
Hit our make-over Stand for a lightning bolt or blue eye shadow flash! Get Ziggy with it!
Dazzling Live Acts pay homage under the mirrorball. Androgynous Performance + artistic expression from Beatrix Carlotta. Miss Cairo will shatter illusions and leave you screaming for more! Plus more surprises on the night!
The dance floor's throbbing and the beat's pulsing... Resident DJ 'Glitterball' Geoff Leonard will spin an irresistible and ice melting mix of infectious Disco hits in their purest and most debauched forms as always! This time expect plenty of 70s Bowie Classics (of course) thrown in for your listening pleasure! Think exotic beats, Studio 54 sounds, rare grooves, blaring trumpets 'n' bass!
Lovely people, Glitter, Glamour, Great Music and Good Times combine in a dancefloor crescendo!
Relive the halcyon days of NYC hedonism; at this night The spirit of Studio 54 truly lives on!
Don your fanciest dress - but please no plastic fancy dress. Leave your Car wash wigs + flares at the door- you're so much better than that!
This ticket only guarantees entry until midnight
|21:00 - 02:00||£7.00|
Bethnal Green Working Men's Club 42 Pollard Row E26NB
Bethnal Green (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.