The Backyard Comedy Club in Bethnal Green is a great night out with some of the top comics from around the world! The club's Thursday night show features upcoming comedians and usually one or two special guests who are kept secret until the evening of the show, while it's Friday and Saturday shows…
Raising the Roof: Charity Comedy Night in aid of Single Homeless Project
- No reviews.
- Backyard Comedy Club
Join us for an all-star comedy night in aid of tremendous charity Single Homelessness Project. Since they were founded over 40 years ago, this London-wide charity have worked to prevent homelessness and help vulnerable and socially excluded people to transform their lives. They do this by providing support and accommodation, promoting well-being, enhancing opportunity, and being a voice for change. From supporting people in crisis to helping people take the final steps towards independence and employment, they make a difference to 8,000 lives every year. And for this show they've got the assistance of these guys...
George Lewis is a comedian from Stockport who has appeared on the Stand Up Sketch Show (ITV2), hosted Top Gear Extra Gear (BBC 2, 3 & Worldwide) and was the winner of Celebrity Mastermind (Specialist subject: Oasis).
He has also written for 8 out of 10 Cats, Have I Got News for You, Hypothetical (Dave), BBC Radio 4 and has a weekly football column in The Times.
He has been tour support for Romesh Ranganathan, Tom Allen, Russell Kane and Josh Widdicombe.
Early in his career, he followed in the footsteps of Sarah Millican and Jack Whitehall, to win the Amused Moose National New Comic Award. He also won several other competitions, was selected to perform as part of the prestigious Pleasance Reserve and was a BBC New Comedy Award Finalist.
As a presenter, George was named as the host of Top Gear Extra Gear in 2017 and he has interviewed stars such as Warwick Davis, Gordon Ramsay, Gillian Anderson and Jim Broadbent for Comic Relief.
“A plucky everyman with more calculated wit than he lets on.” The Scotsman
Ultra working class and totally adorable, Josh Jones is a high-energy performer who wins the audience over from the off. This super camp Manchester lad, can tackle a range of subjects from school yard politics to gay rights in Pakistan. Josh is able to improvise on the fly creating razor sharp observations, he is playful with the audience often leaving them wanting more of his brilliant, superbly delivered writing. Josh started comedy in the North West playing tough rooms to scary old drunk men, his flamboyant persona made him a easy target. However, this made Josh the strong comedian that he is today, a comic who can have the audience in the palm of his hands whilst also being able to beautifully disarm any heckler with his quick wit and cute but powerful put downs.
"He has a very engaging personality, and a back – story that should keep in routines for years to come." Chortle
AND YOUR MC:
BEN VAN DER VELDE
Ben Van der Velde is a stand-up comedian, actor, improviser and presenter, who, over the past few years, has spread joy and nonsense to all four corners of the British Isles, as well as Greece, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Estonia, Latvia, Finland and Norway.
He is a regular host and act for respected British comedy clubs such as The Stand, Komedia, The Backyard, The Glee, Covent Garden Comedy Club and Top Secret Comedy, as well as hosting stages for Bestival, Festival No.6, End of the Road and Sunday Papers Live. He also has taken commissions to perform a voodoo re-marriage ceremony, founded the Church of the Holy Kazoo with comedy legend Mark Thomas, walked the entire London Underground network to raise money for The Refugee Council and even took part in experiments at The Royal Society that revealed him to have the most infectious laugh of any human, rat or monkey.
“Highly promising…an accomplished comic.” Time Out
“Wonderfully improvised riffs showcasing his impressive spontaneity and sharp tongue.” Edinburgh Festivals Magazine
“The perfect comedy club host – he is a master of audience interaction. The audience weren’t just warmed up, but pretty hysterical even before the first act of the night hit the stage.” Huffington Post
Bar and Food from 5pm Box Office 6.30pm Arrive by 7.15pm Show 8pm
Tickets £25 on the door
Please note, acts subject to change
|Advance Ticket||19:30 - 22:30||£20.00|
231, Cambridge Heath Road, E2 0EL
Bethnal Green (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.