The Easy Rollers presents 'Drop Me Off in Harlem'
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Experience The Easy Rollers' unique performance, 'Drop Me Off In Harlem', capturing The Jazz Age 1920-1933 and The Swing Era 1933-1947 with a theatrical twist. Enjoy popular dance styles from that time period combined with some of the finest jazz music you'll ever hear on this side of the Atlantic!
In this cabaret-style performance, the music takes center stage with songs strung together by theatrical, factual, or musical segues. Discover more about the post-Prohibition era and jazz during the Great Depression in this authentic underground speakeasy experience.
For five years, The Easy Rollers have created a one-hour cabaret show for The Edinburgh Festival Fringe focusing on the Prohibition Era. Their musical journey highlights famous music, artists, and culture of that time. With the return of the roaring 20s, the band has put together a brand new two-act show that begins in 1920 and explores post-Prohibition music of the 30s and early 40s.
Don't miss out on hearing hits from legendary artists such as Sister Rosetta Tharpe, The Boswell Sisters, Ruth Etting, Lee Morse, Annette Hanshaw, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Gene Austin, Margaret Young, Helen Morgan, Paul Whiteman, Fats Waller, Cab Calloway, Helen Kane, and more.
|Early Bird||20:00 - 22:30||£20.00|
|Standard Admission||20:00 - 22:30||£25.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
More from Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.