Luna Cohen Quintet
- No reviews.
- Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
Join Brazilian singer Luna Cohen and her band on a joyful and powerful journey where colorful grooves of Afro-Brazilian influences celebrate the diversity of Brazilian culture.
On stage, Cohen really comes out swinging, reanimating old songs with new energy and delighting the audience with her original music. This is samba and bossa nova at their best, spiked with jazz and delivered with zeal.
Her band – among the best in the UK’s Anglo-Brazilian scene – underscores captivating melodies in smooth phrasing, combining deft musicianship with danceable rhythms.
Luna Cohen – Voice
Sam Watts – Piano
Rob Luft – Guitar
Matheus Nova – Bass guitar
Marcinho Pereira – Drum kit
Hailing from Belo Horizonte, Brazil, Luna Cohen’s music represents and reflects the rich diversity of Brazilian culture. Over the past two decades, the London-based vocalist, described as “one of the most interesting singers and composers among the rising stars of MPB - música popular brasileira" (Time Out Barcelona), has perfected her craft and earned a spot in the foreground of the jazz scene.
2022 welcomes the release of her bold new EP, Samba que balança não cai, following her four albums to date which include the Enderrock Award-winning Estrada do Sol (2012) for Best New Jazz Album, and a nomination for Best Album at the MIN, Spain’s prestigious Independent Music Awards, for November Sky (2016).
Cohen’s “seductive voice and natural talent for singing" (El Periodico, Spain) has been heard in various projects with her longstanding collaborator, award-winning guitarist Rob Luft, pianist Sam Watts, and as part of The 606 Club’s house band, Samara. Her performances throughout London include Ronnie Scott’s Jazz Club; The Royal Albert Hall; The Jazz Café; the EFG London Jazz Festival; Canary Wharf Jazz Festival; as well as international appearances at Jamboree and Nova Jazz Cava in Barcelona and at the Mas i Mas and Terrassa Jazz Festivals in Spain.
|Standard Admission||20:30 - 23:00||£20.00|
Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club, 140 Newington Butts, SE11 4RN
Getting thereCitymapper Google Maps
More from Toulouse Lautrec Jazz Club
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.