War isn’t always won with bullets and bloodshed. During the American Revolutionary War, average citizens passed gossip, listened for rumors and essentially became spies in George Washington’s massive intelligence network. Emma found her unique circumstances allowed her to do even more than eavesdrop on British soldiers who invaded her hometown. After all, being a young woman suffering from leprosy had the unexpected benefit of making her both untouchable and invisible - and able to cross enemy lines with relative ease. Until she got caught, that is. And promptly placed in one of the notorious prison ships in Charleston Harbor. There, she is guarded by a pacifist nobleman’s son who has been banished from the battlefield and tended by an outspoken English nurse who specializes in leprosy. The tiny, damp cells were generally reserved for those destined to die a miserable death – but she instead finds herself in a tempting conundrum presented by her two keepers. Her option: die or agree to betray the land of her birth and turn spy on Washington and his men..
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.
12. This production contains a few mild swear words, talk of war and death, a few audible "explosions."
The Bread & Roses Theatre
An innovative and award-winning fringe pub theatre in Clapham.