Small Space: Redux
- No reviews.
- Canvas Cafe
A real couple. A shared history. But what makes a story true?
Poignant and funny, a piece about the experience of intimacy.
In 2009 Jane Nash and Dan Milne created SMALL SPACE, a site-specific show in domestic kitchens. It was performed in London, Bristol, Edinburgh, New York, San Francisco and Los Angeles. Playing with an idea of what is true and what is false in any of our memories, Jane and Dan explore the shared experience of intimacy and the stories we tell about it, through the lens of their 14-year marriage. Here Jane and Dan revisit the stories from this site-specific piece at the Canvas Cafe in SMALL SPACE:Redux.
‘…gripping, thought provoking and beautiful theatre, using a minimum of means but a maximum of expressive intent. Outstanding and original work.’ FRINGE REVIEW
Jane Nash and Dan Milne
Jane and Dan are Directors of Narativ in London. They are performers, directors and theatre-makers and as such have worked with the National Theatre, the Royal Shakespeare Company, Complicite and the Young Vic amongst others. They create work together and separately - Jane has recently directed Like Mother Like Daughter in Yorkshire for Complicite and will be re-creating this piece for the Cork Festival 2017; Dan has recently produced his first feature film You Were Never Here in New York with his company Wonderbar productions. He is about to embark on his second feature Widow’s Walk with New Thirty Pictures to be filmed this Autumn. They are also starting work on a new theatre piece together with their daughter, Cecily Nash, entitled Broken.
Tellit Festival is the UK's first ever festival of true-life storytelling featuring a week of shows, events and workshops across London celebrating 'truth' through various art-forms.. To book tickets for other events click here
|Standard||19:30 - 20:30||£8.00|
42 Hanbury Street E1 5JL
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.