What's On In Richmond - Theatre Events "The Gin Chronicles"
- No reviews.
- The RHACC Studio Theatre Richmond
Interrupt the Routine & The Misfits of London announce a limited run of the very first adventure of 'The Gin Chronicles' at The RHACC, Richmond.
THE SCOTSMAN says of 'The Gin Chronicles' adventures:
“Go, see, laugh, gasp, imbibe” (4 stars)
BROADWAY BABY calls them:
“a verbal and visual treat... rarely can a show make one laugh for such a long period of time” (5 stars)
and REMOTE GOAT says:
“it left audiences loving every minute” (5 stars)
'The Gin Chronicles' are fast-paced, farce-based radio-style comedies set just after the Second World War . 4 actors using vintage microphones and a foley artist providing live sound effects make up The Misfits of London, a 1940s comedy troupe.
The adventures are light-hearted, wholesome family fun that attract people of all ages. The Misfits of London enjoy making people happy. The Edinburgh People's Festival described them as “a combination of The Goon Show, P.G.Wodehouse and Monty Python”.
In this adventure, we see John Jobling – an upper-class twit with a heart – attempt to do something meaningful with his life. His yearning to leave the country for the capital is crystallised by a newspaper article detailing the disappearance of gin magnate Cornelius Juniper, founder of Captain Botanicals London Dry Gin.
Once in London, he is presented with a housemaid, Doris Golightly - sent by his Aunt in order to prevent him committing any (further) acts of feckless stupidity – whom he recruits as his savvy assistant, and together they go on the hunt for clues to ascertain the whereabouts of Mr Juniper, encountering Juniper's daughter and her grumpy fiance Mr Tarquin Throckmashington, newspaper reporters, old ladies swimming in the Thames, Devonian gin distillers, French ball-bearing factory girls and a raft of other characters in their pursuit of amateur detection glory.
The Theatre event is a 3-minute walk from Richmond station (5 minutes if you’re wearing heels) and we encourage people to come in vintage clothing to help us create that wonderful atmosphere of 1940s chic. The is on this coming weekend on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
A complimentary Gin & Tonic is included with your ticket, with soft drink alternatives for teetotallers and children.
Admits one lucky person to the show
|15:00 - 16:30||£15.00|
The RHACC Studio Theatre Richmond, Parkshot, Richmond-upon-Thames, London, TW9 2RE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.