SALON NO. 67: GEORGIAN LONDON UNDRESSED
- No reviews.
- Westminster Arts Reference Library
Each ticket includes a 'corset' of Hendricks Gin
Getting your kit off, 18th Century Style
By the early 18th century London was the largest city in Europe and the capital of a growing empire around the world. Its wealth spawned a new middle class, hungering for pleasure, entertainment, elegance, society, sensuality - and fashion. Join Georgian Historians MIKE RENDELL and as they uncover the secrets of the Georgian closet and the extraordinary habits of Georgian ladies - both respectable and scandalous.
MIKE RENDELL will tell tales of ‘The Courtesan as Fashion icon' and 'the New Female Coterie’ - the group of rich women ostracised by polite society who would meet to drink and gossip at a high-end London brothel and who were headed by Caroline, Countess of Harrington, notorious for her insatiable appetite and sexual proclivities
TINA BAXTER ('Miss B.’) will provide us with a brief fumble under and around the fashion of the 18th century from top to toe, up do's with loyal mottoes, bum rolls, stays and stockings, plus the frivolity and frills in between. Apparently, dressing as a Georgian in the 21st century is not as difficult as it may seem without a maid, a footman and a carriage as will revealed by Miss B in full costume on the night.
|GEORGIAN LONDON UNDRESSED Standard||18:30 - 20:30||£9.50|
GEORGIAN LONDON UNDRESSED Concession
Please bring proof of concession
|18:30 - 20:30||£7.50|
Westminster Arts Reference Library, 35, St Martins Street, London, WC2H2CP
Leicester Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.