Metallic Printing Workshop at Forest Depford
- No reviews.
- Forest Depford
This workshop is an introduction to a textile technique using a heat press which heats up to 140 degrees. At the beginning of the workshop Nicole will show you a collection of samples, followed by a demonstration. Then as a group we will warm up by making a few drawings in black ink focusing on pattern. These patterns will influence your design ideas for the foiling. We will paint your designs using the adhesive glue onto the surface, or create stencils to screen print with. In the workshop you will have the opportunity to foil up to 4 final pieces.
Foiling is transferring metallic film to fabric/paper using a heat press. This can be applied using foil adhesive (a bit like glue) painting or screen printing your designs directly onto a surface. Once the adhesive is dry the foil is placed on top and pressed for 10 seconds.
Keep your designs no larger than A4. If you have the time make a few stencils at home.
Bring 2 times from home to up-cycle and transform, such as notebooks, t-shirts & cushion covers( Avoid buying anything new)
All materials are provided + 1 bag to print onto
Only 10 spaces available for this workshop
This workshop starts at 7:00pm - 9:00pm
* Please note these tickets are non-refundable
* For this workshop to go ahead 5 tickets need to be sold.
|Metallic Printing||19:00 - 21:00||£45.00|
137 Deptford Market Yard SE8 3NU
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.