MARY PEARSON @FIVER FRIDAYS
- No reviews.
- Chisenhale Dance Space
MARY PEARSON @FIVER FRIDAYS
Friday 5th May|| 7:30pm||£5
age anxiety that something better is happening somewhere else. aggravated by social media.
FoMO, mofos! (Fear of Missing Out, motherf***ers!) Created by Mary Pearson
Enter here and now. A woman, and a mystery: What happened?
How did we get here? How do we get down from here? Flashing back through another time, another place, a woman is lost in a digital age state of being. All eyes gaze upon her, their insatiable desire is to invade and capture her privacy.
She metamorphoses into a series of different animal totems: a peacock,
a sheep, and a moth. She is at once the killer and the sacrificed, powerful goddess and guru who commands space and time itself. The hallucination fades. She is naked, cast out and ashamed, fighting invisible ghosts from the past. She is stuck, an outcast with no memory and no future.
FoMO, mofos! Is a kaleidoscopic meditation passing through the films Blow-up and Mullholland Drive and the songs of Robert Wyatt, Kraftwerk and John Lennon; a modern myth, cautionary tale, and cinematic visual feast.
Supported by Arts Council England
Made possible by a Time & Space residency at Metal Culture
residencies at Au Brana Cultural Centre (FR) and Unity Theatre (Liverpool)
Mary Pearson (USA/UK)-anti-disciplinary performance maker based in Liverpool, UK. She has toured solos The Sand Dog Cometh and FAILURE (& other opportunities for non- linear success) internationally in the UK, USA, and Germany. Her signature improvisation and performance workshops are called FAILURE Lab.
Mary has been a visiting artist and guest lecturer in contemporary performance, dance and drama departments at many universities
including Edge Hill, Plymouth, Liverpool Hope and Liverpool John Moore’s Universities. She has trained, performed and mentored at Ponderosa Dance P.O.R.C.H. summer school, and co-curated collaborative performance residency ‘Con|VERGE.’ (Germany).
B.A. in Visual Art/English Literature with Dance (Oberlin College/USA) Physical Theatre Creation at Kiklos Teatro (IT) Formerly co-Artistic Director of Fool’s Proof Theatre, whose work toured internationally in the UK/USA from 2006-2011
FIVER FRIDAYS are a Producers’ Project of CDS that supports members, volunteers and friends of CDS through a unique performance package. We offer more dance for your dosh over Fridays in November and February and May.
|General||19:30 - 21:30||£5.00|
Chisenhale Dance Space, 64-68 Chisenhale Road, E3 5QZ
Mile End (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.