Pond Dalston is a venue, bar, restaurant and general vibe machine. Enjoy the bar on the weekend and sit outside to soak in the heat of the London summer fun. Let us host your event here for the summer. Pond's New Hawaiian Food is back at the end of Summer along with some major new renovations…
- Pond Dalston
IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE INFORMATION ABOUT FUTURE PERFORMANCES OF KNIFE EDGE PLEASE EMAIL INFO@THEBIGHOUSE.UK.COM
Sometimes life cuts deep. Sometimes life needs a slap.
Written by David Watson (Housed, The Old Vic) and directed by The Big House Artistic Director, Maggie Norris, Knife Edge is a play about fear, food and family that begins with a murder and ends with a feast.
A girl with no name, hungry for life, fights to tell her own story. Immerse yourself in a darkly comic world, and join her on a journey of discovery, culminating in a culinary coming-together of cast and audience.
The world premiere of this innovative production takes place in Pond, Dalston. This venue is fast becoming one of the capital’s hottest destination restaurants. Working closely with the production team, their chefs have created a unique and delicious authentic Hawaiian feast especially for the production, and for you to enjoy within the price of your ticket.
The Big House stages high profile productions with young people who have been in care. This award winning company has blasted on to the theatre scene and established a reputation for staging immersive productions that take the audience on an emotional journey, inspired by the stories of its cast.
Meet our young people in an extraordinary environment bringing together people who might not ordinarily meet. Come on a theatrical journey like no other. Laugh - Think - and Eat...
Sound Design by Ed Clarke (Frankenstein, NT), Lighting Design by Amy Mae Smith (2015 Winner of the Knight of Illumination Award for Best Musical, Sweeney Todd) and Musical Direction by Louise Wellby.
Praise for previous Big House productions:
“Visceral storytelling. Shot through with moments of pure theatre, graced with vivid, moving performances by an excellent young cast. A stirring opening statement from this exciting new theatre group.” Jez Butterworth (Jerusalem)
“I’ve seen quite a lot of this sort of work with young people, but rarely anything so passionately or so brilliantly acted, and even more rarely so beautifully staged.” Michael Coveney
“They were funny and incredibly moving. And at the end , the audience stood up and gave them a well deserved ovation. Because they were that good. Go see it.” Sir Lenny Henry CBE
“Within all of us there is a poem, within all of us there is a painting, within all of us there is a novel, within all of us there is a real expression of what we want to see of the world. And what The Big House does is open it up and bring it out. It’s wonderful. I loved every minute of it.” Rt. Hon. Jeremy Corbyn MP, Leader of the Labour Party
50% of the cost of your ticket for this event will go directly to the charity and 50% to provide the food.
General Admission 7:30PM
Food is included in the ticket price.
|19:30 - 21:30
General Admission - Concession
Proof of concession needed on the night. Available to students, under 16s, over 60s and those on disability and unemployment benefits.
|19:30 - 21:30
General Admission Group Ticket
Buy 9 full price tickets and get 1 free. Food is included in the ticket price.
|19:30 - 21:30
Stamford Works, 3 Gillett Street, N16 8JH
Dalston Kingsland (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Customer Reviews (20)
An organisation who work with young care leavers at a high risk of social exclusion, The Big House Theatre Company use theatre to inspire, develop and facilitate personal growth for their members. Their current production, Knife Edge, is taking place at Pond Dalston throughout May and June this yearThe…