In the macabre tradition of the BBC's classic 1970s programme, Ghost Stories for Christmas is a theatre show featuring new adaptations of classic spine-chillers. An evening of vengeful revenants, restless spirits and malevolent ghouls is guaranteed for those brave enough to join us!
"The British Empire's finest practitioners of theatrical Victoriana in the macabre vein."
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Spooky with a bit of fun thrown in. I jumped in places. Be prepared to sing carols and if you're in the front row you might get spoken to or about.
visited The Spread Eagle Pub & Theatre on 11 Nov 2016
Excellent show and very atmospheric lighting, jumps had me leaping out of my seat. However, the time on the ticket showed the performance was one hour long meaning we nearly missed the second half and lots of people were not so fortunate.
visited The Spread Eagle Pub & Theatre on 03 Nov 2016
Very atmospheric production in an intimate space. As a 1-man show, the lead did an excellent job of conveying all the different characters. And the chap doing the lighting and sound had pin-point timing with getting the "scares" in exactly the right place to make everyone jump! The only thing that interrupted my enjoyment was a few selfish members of the audience talking, changing seats and using mobile phones - manners people, c'mon!
visited The Spread Eagle Pub & Theatre on 27 Oct 2016
The show was brilliant, excellent atmosphere and performance. Will definately go again. Unfortunately ticket showed wrong timings, but luckily we found out the show was longer than stated and did not miss any.
visited The Spread Eagle Pub & Theatre on 16 Nov 2016
02 Dec 2016 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: