Experimental Heat Press Course: Sublimation Printing, Flocking, Metallic Foiling at Stag & Bow
- No reviews.
- Stag & Bow
Textile Workshops at stag & bow in forest hill
THURSDAY 6TH, 13TH & 20TH JUNE 18:30PM- 9PM
Over 3 sessions you will get to explore
•Sublimation Printing: Disperse Dyeing
Over the course of three Thursday evenings in June, Nicole Line will be teaching a series of experimental heat press workshops at Stag & Bow. In this short course you will create a range of samples, exploring surface design with colour and pattern. All materials are provided in the workshops, however you are also welcome to bring your own materials from home and final pieces to print onto. We do encourage for you to see what you have at home to up-cycle and transform through print, rather than buying something new. These workshops are suitable for teachers, designers, students and for those who are curious about design, no experience necessary, all levels welcome. Feel free to make your own hand cut stencils prior to the workshops, this will allow more time for printing, and wear cloths that you don’t mind getting a bit messy in.
SUBLIMATION PRINTING – DISPERSE DYEING
This textile workshop is suitable for designers who want to translate their design ideas from paper onto fabric using the heat press. On this course, we will experiment with transfer printing, using liquid disperse dyes and ready made paper dyes. Disperse dyes can be liquid, which are applied to paper through printing or painting onto the surface, then your paper designs are transferred to fabric using the heat press. Colours can be layered and flat objects and stencils can be used as a resist. For best results, these dyes work best on synthetic fabrics such as Polyester Suede, Acetate Satin, Polyester Sateen and Polyester Crepe de Chine.
Flocking is velvet-like material that sits on a textile surface, to apply the flock students will paint or screen print with adhesive glue, from this we can then flock onto material and paper using the heat press. The flock will be prepped with different colours, or you can create your own painted flock using procion dyes.
This workshop involves screen printing or painting your designs in adhesive glue and heat transferring foil onto the surface of your fabric. This process also works on paper. Nicole will guide you through designing, printing and foiling your own set of designs onto the surface, testing onto fabric before printing onto your final piece.
About the tutor:
Nicole Line lives in Forest Hill and is a sessional tutor at University for the creative Arts and teaches Foundation Textiles, BA Textiles and BA Graphic Communication. Nicole also teaches textiles on the Art & Design, Level 3 course at Kingston College. Nicole has a PGCert and Masters in Creative Education and works in other areas of textiles, collaborating with corporate companies, designers and private events. To view her workshops visit nicolelineworkshops.com
Stag & Bow, 8, Dartmouth Road, London, SE232UD
Forest Hill (Rail)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.