To the outside world, Polly and Tom seem to represent the normal married couple; successful, loving and happy. But behind closed doors, not all is what it seems. Polly's family and friends are constantly worried for her wellbeing and safety; claiming she has changed from the person she once was. This new and harrowing drama focuses on the taboo subject of domestic violence and questions as to whether we can fully know what goes on behind closed doors and within the sanctity of marriage.
With a stellar cast and crew soon to be announced, this new piece of writing promises to be a thought-provoking and unforgettable evening of theatre that brings the issue of violence within a relationship to the forefront.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. Latecomers may not be admitted.
6. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
7 Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
8. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
9. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
10. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
11. Cast and creative team are subject to change and any changes provide no justification for possible refunds.
12. This production contains adult language and adult themes of a violent and sexual nature.
The Bread & Roses Theatre
An innovative and award-winning fringe pub theatre in Clapham.
Really moving play with amazing main characters.
The venue was cozy, although relatively noisy to the end of the play due to the reggae concert tests. But it didn,'t really distract our attention that much
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 14 Jan 2017
Excellent and moving play with fantastic acting throughout. The storyline was gripping and you become emotionally involved in the characters and what happens to them. Also a lovely little venue.
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 11 Jan 2017
A hard hitting and thought provoking play, brilliantly written and performed by director and cast, respectively. The space is very intimate and allows for the captivated audience to be invited into the disturbed lives of Tom and Polly. A future hit for sure!
visited The Bread & Roses Theatre on 04 Jan 2017
06 Jan 2017 by
DesignMyNight Contact info
Ground Floor PG03
23-28 Penn Street
To contact the DesignMyNight office: