1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
By buying this ticket, I confirm that myself and any of my team members have read and agree with the Urban Ninja waiver and terms and conditions viewable here.
Urban Ninja Events Limited
ASSUMPTION OF RISK, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
PARTICIPANTS: READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE SIGNING. THIS DOCUMENT HAS LEGAL CONSEQUENCES AND WILL AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND WILL LIMIT YOUR ABILITY TO BRING FUTURE LEGAL ACTIONS.
Definitions and Interpretation “Claim(s)” means all claims and actions for losses, costs, expenses and damages, including legal fees and related expenses; “I /me/my/Participant” is you, who will be a participant in the "UN event" and has signed this Agreement below; “Inherent Risks” are described below in the paragraph headed “Assumption of Inherent Risks”; Released Parties are together Urban Ninja Events Limited [hereafter "UNEL"] and its affiliates and its and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, insurers, spectators, co-participants, equipment suppliers, and volunteers; all UNEL event sponsors, organisers, promoters, directors, officials, property owners, and advertisers; governmental bodies and/or municipal agencies whose property and/or personnel are used; and any or all parent, subsidiary or affiliate companies, licensees, officers, directors, partners, board members, supervisors, insurers, agents, equipment suppliers, and representatives of any of the foregoing. Releasing Parties are together my spouse, children, parents, guardians, heirs, next of kin, and any legal or personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, or anyone else bringing a Claim against UNL or the Released Parties on my behalf.“UN event” is the Urban Ninja event that is taking place at any prescribed UN event location, explicitly staged by UNL as an UN event;“UNEL” is Urban Ninja Events Limited a limited company whose registered company number is 09352561 andwhose registered office is at Unit 11 Hove Business Centre, Fonthill Road, East Sussex, BN3 6HA; and“Venue” means the location at which an UN event is staged by UNEL, within the United Kingdom.Paragraph headings shall not affect the interpretation of this Agreement. Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and in the plural include the singular.
Assumption of Inherent Risks The Urban Ninja event (hereafter referred to as the “UN event”) is meant to be anextreme test of toughness, strength, stamina and mental grit that takes place in one place in one day. It is not a race against other contestants, but rather a competition with oneself and the course. The object is to complete the coursewithin the prescribed time limit. Some of the activities include runs, military style obstacles, going through pipes, traversing cargo nets, climbing walls, and traversing extremely challenging obstacles. In summation, the UN event is a hazardous activity that presents the ultimate physical and mental challenge to participants.
UNEL will use reasonable care and skill to provide a Venue that is fit and suitable for the UN event bearing in mind the paragraph above.
I acknowledge that the UN event is an extreme test of my physical and mental limits that carries with it inherent risks of physical injury. Inherent risks are risks that cannot be eliminated completely (without changing the challenging nature of the UN event) regardless of the care, measures and precautions taken by UNEL and are further described below (“Inherent Risks”). I also understand that it is an extremely strenuous event and that there are risks and dangers generally in taking part in such activities. I understand that these hazards may be magnified due to the fact that the UN event is often conducted under what may be extreme conditions and circumstances.
I understand and acknowledge that the Inherent Risks include, but are not limited to: 1) my contact or collision with other persons or objects (e.g. with spectators or course personnel, other participants, motor vehicles, machinery, or natural or man-made fixed objects or obstacles); 2) my encounter with UN event obstacles (e.g. natural and man-made water, road and surface hazards, close proximity and/or contact with pipes, man-made course components; 3) extremely challenging course conditions; 4) weather-related hazards (e.g. heat, cold, humidity, ice, rain, fog); 5) judgment and/or behaviour related problems by me during the event;
6) erratic or inappropriate co-participant behaviour; and 7) natural hazards (e.g. uneven terrain, rock falls, lightning strikes, earthquakes, wildlife attacks, contact with poisonous plants, marine life and/or ticks).
I further understand and acknowledge that any of these risk and others, not specifically named, may cause injury or injuries that may be categorised as minor, serious, or catastrophic. Minor injuries are common and include, butare not limited to: scrapes, bruises, sprains, strains, muscle tension and soreness, nausea, cuts, sunburn, abrasions, grazes, lacerations, and contusions. Serious injuries are less common, but do sometimes occur. They include but are not limited to property loss or damage, broken bones, fractures, torn or strained ligaments and tendons, concussions, exposure, dehydration, heat exhaustion and other heat-related illnesses, mental stress or exhaustion, infection, vomiting, dislocations, hyperthermia, hypothermia, anemia, electrolyte imbalance, loss of consciousness, syncope, dizziness, fainting, seizures, electric shock and/or injury, and neurological disorders/pain. Catastrophic injuries are rare; however, we feel that our participants should be aware of the possibility. These injuries can include, but are not limited to, permanent disabilities, stroke, single or multiple organ failure or dysfunction, physical damage to organs, spinal injuries, paralysis, heart attack, heart failure, blood cell disorder, brain swelling, and even death.
I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with my general practitioner (“GP”) prior to participating in the UN event to ensure that I am fit and well enough to take part and that my participation will not pose any unusual or serious risks to my health and well-being.
If I believe or become aware that any aspects of the UN event course, facilities or equipment are unsafe or pose unreasonable risks, I agree to immediately notify appropriate UNEL and/or Venue personnel. I accept full and sole responsibility for the condition and adequacy of all of my own equipment that I bring to the Venue.
I understand fully the Inherent Risks involved in the UN event and assert that I am willingly and voluntarilyparticipating in the UN event. I have read the preceding paragraphs and acknowledge that:
1) I understand the nature of the UN event;
2) I understand the demands of the activities at the UN event relative to my physical condition;
3) I appreciate the potential impact of the types of injuries that may result from my participation in the UN event; and
4) I hereby confirm that I knowingly assume all of the Inherent Risks of the UN event.
5) I understand that UNEL recommends that I check that I have health insurance which covers any injuries I may suffer as a result of participating in the UN event.
Limitation of Liability I hereby forever waive, release, covenant not to Claim, and discharge UNEL and the other Released Parties from any and all Claims that I may have arising out of my participation in the UN event:
1) resulting from the Inherent Risks e.g. for personal injury (including death) from incidents or illnesses arising from the UN event participation, which may include injury caused during practice runs, the UN event, and while at the Venue location (including, but not limited to base area, stands, pavements, parking areas, sponsor promotions, toilet facilities and dressing facilities); and/or
2)resulting from damage to, loss of, or theft of my property during a UN event;
EXCEPT THAT nothing in this Agreement shall limit or exclude either UNEL or the Released Parties’ liability fordeath or personal injury resulting from its negligence. I understand that I (or any Releasing Parties acting on my behalf) am entitled to bring a Claim against UNEL and/or the Released Parties for death or personal injury caused as a result of the negligence of UNEL and/or any of the Released Parties (as applicable).
Indemnity I hereby agree to reimburse UNEL and the other Released Parties in respect of:
1) any and all Claims made by any Releasing Party arising from injury or loss due to my participation in the UN event; and
2) any and all Claims of co-participants, rescuers, and others arising from my conduct in the course of my participation in the UN event;
EXCEPT FOR Claims arising from either UNEL’s or the Released Parties’ negligence, breach of contract orbreach of statutory duty. This indemnity shall survive the expiration or sooner termination of the UN event.
Venue and Jurisdiction I understand that if legal action is brought in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter, the courts of England and Wales shall have the sole and exclusive jurisdiction over the action and that only the substantive laws of England and Wales shall apply.
PARTICIPANT NAME FIRST LAST
Severability I understand and agree that this Agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by laws of England and Wales and that if any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this Agreement (or part of any provision) is invalid, unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision or part-provision shall, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted from this Agreement, and the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of this Agreement shall not be affected.
Entire Agreement This Agreement supersedes any and all previous oral or written promises or agreements. I understand that this is the entire Agreement between me and UNEL relating to its subject matter, and cannot bemodified or changed in any way by representations or statements by any agent or employee of UNEL. I agree thatthis Agreement may only be amended by a written document duly executed by UNEL on giving me at least 30 dayswritten notice prior to the date of the UN event. If I do not agree to the amended terms of this Agreement I must letUNEL know in writing at least 7 days before the date of the UN event (“Refusal”) and I acknowledge that I shall notbe permitted to take part in the UN event. In these circumstances the entry fee that I have paid shall be refunded tome within 30 days of the date of my Refusal. If I do not send UNEL a Refusal I shall be deemed to have accepted theamended terms of this Agreement. For the purpose of this provision a reference to “writing” includes email.
Agreements for the Protection of Participants
I confirm that I am in good health and in proper physical condition to safely participate in the UN event. Iconfirm that I have no known or knowable physical or mental conditions that would affect my ability tosafely participate in the UN event, or that would result in my participation creating a risk of danger to myself orto others.
I acknowledge that UNEL recommends and encourages that I obtain medical clearance from my GP priorto participation.
I confirm that I have not been advised or cautioned against participating in the UN event by any medicalpractitioner.
I understand that it is my responsibility to continuously monitor my own physical and mental conditionduring the UN event, and I agree to withdraw immediately and to notify appropriate UNEL and/or Venuepersonnel if at any point my continued participation would create a risk of danger to myself or to others.
In the event of an injury to me that renders me unconscious or incapable of making a medical decision, I authorise appropriate UNEL personnel and emergency medical personnel at the UN event to makeemergency medical decisions on my behalf (including, but not limited to CPR and use of an AutomatedExternal Defibrillator).
I authorise UNEL to secure emergency medical care or transportation for me when deemed necessaryby UNEL.
I acknowledge that UNEL has instituted its rules for the protection of everyone attending the UN eventincluding its participants. I acknowledge that I must sign the Entry Participation Agreement in order toparticipate in the UN event and I agree to familiarise with all of the rules contained in that agreement and followthem throughout the UN event. I agree that UNEL may stop or prevent my participation in the UN event (and, ifnecessary, have me removed from the Venue) if my participation, conduct, or presence endangers myself or anyother person present at the UN event.
Entry and Participation Agreement Rules: I agree that my participation in each Urban Ninja event and related activities (“UN event”) is subject to:
1.the terms of this Entry and Participation Agreement, my consent to the terms of the Assumption of Risk, Limitation of Liability and Indemnity Agreement;
2.all written terms, rules and regulations at the site of the UN event (“Venue”) and the Urban Ninja website;
3.all directions, instructions and decisions of Urban Ninja Events Limited, whose registered company number is09352561 and whose registered address is at 4 Tableer Avenue, London, SW4 9RQ (“UNEL”) and Venuepersonnel on the day of the UN event.Emergency Delay or Cancellation: I acknowledge that UNEL at its sole discretion may delay, modify, or cancelthe UN event if conditions or natural or man-made emergencies make administering or holding the UNevent unreasonably difficult or unsafe. I agree that “emergency” is defined to mean any event beyond the control of UNEL, including but not limited to: high wind, extreme rain, hurricane, tornado, earthquake, flood,terrorism, fire, threatened or actual strike, labour difficulty, insurrection, war, public disaster, and/or unavoidable casualty. Refunds: I acknowledge that the UN event fee and associated costs (including optional product purchases,spectator tickets, and donations) are non-refundable, including in circumstances where I am unable to attend due to illness or
Age: I confirm that I am aged 16 or over.
Acknowledgment of Understanding I have read this Agreement and fully understand its terms. I understand that I am limiting my rights, including my right to sue. I further acknowledge that I am signing the Agreement freely and voluntarily.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.