Inspired by the Golden Age of transatlantic travel and designed under the creative direction of visionary Tom Dixon, Sea Containers Restaurant brings the best of American and British cuisine to the South Bank, offering a modern yet casual dining experience in an informal setting alongside the River Thames…
NOW Gallery at Sea Containers London: Simone Brewster: The Shape of Things
For the 2023 London Design Festival, Sea Containers London has teamed up with NOW Gallery Greenwich Peninsula and Uber Boat by Thames Clippers for an evening of convivial conversation with Simone Brewster, one of the leading voices in contemporary design. Brewster is the subject of NOW Gallery’s 2023 Design Commission, The Shape of Things, an exhibition which explores representation, the power of objects to communicate societal expectations of beauty, and the talismanic qualities of the objects that we use to empower ourselves.
The evening will begin with a guided tour of the exhibition at NOW Gallery with co-curators Jemima Burrill and Kaia Charles, followed by Simone Brewster in-conversation in the subterranean screening room at Sea Containers London, where she will discuss her career and inspirations. Guests will travel by river, from Greenwich Peninsula to the South Bank with Uber Boat by Thames Clippers, whilst enjoying the capital’s iconic skyline. The evening will finish with an exclusive Champagne reception at Sea Containers London.
Don’t miss your chance to hear from one of the UK’s most inspiring, genre-defying designers, a Landmark Project designer for LDF 2023.
Exhibition Tour + Talk & Reception
Access to the curator-led exhibition tour at NOW Gallery plus talk and drinks reception at Sea Containers London.
|17:00 - 21:45||£20.00|
Talk & Reception
Access to the talk and drinks reception at Sea Containers.
|19:15 - 21:45||£15.00|
Sea Containers London, 20, Upper Ground, London, SE1 9PD
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.