Firmdale Book Salons: Louise Minchin & Rachel Joyce
- No reviews.
- Charlotte Street Hotel
A special book salon to celebrate the Women’s Prize for fiction with judges and authors Louise Minchin and Rachel Joyce discussing their latest books and the Women’s Prize 2023 longlist. Ticket includes a glass of wine or non-alcoholic cocktail.
Louise Minchin is a journalist, broadcaster and writer. She was a presenter on BBC Breakfast for 20 years and was the main news anchor on the BBC News Channel and the BBC’s One O’clock News. Her first book, Dare to Tri, charted her journey from the Breakfast sofa to representing the Great Britain Triathlon team in her age-group at World and European Championships. Her second book published by Bloomsbury in May will also reflect her passion for celebrating women’s extraordinary stories.
Rachel Joyce is the author of the Sunday Times and international bestsellers The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry and The Love Song of Miss Queenie Hennessy. Her latest book Maureen Fry and the Angel of the North completes this trilogy. Her books have sold over five million copies worldwide and The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry was shortlisted for the Commonwealth Book prize and longlisted for the Man Booker Prize. It is now a major film starring Jim Broadbent and Penelope Wilton.
Join us for this special book salon where the authors will be discussing their latest books and their experiences on the women’s prize judging panel.
Book Salon Ticket
Includes a glass of wine or non-alcoholic cocktail
|18:30 - 20:00||£20.00|
Book Salon Ticket & Dinner
Includes a two course set menu and a glass of wine at Oscar Restaurant
|18:30 - 20:00||£45.00|
Charlotte Street Hotel, 15-17, Charlotte Street, London, W1T 1RJ
Goodge Street (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight WFL Media Ltd and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.